Thursday, September 24, 2009

Counting our Blessings

In the fall of 2005 when Ben was in Marine Recruit Training (Boot Camp) and I was rehabbing after my spine surgery, I created a little Thanksgiving card using clipart and photos. I used the Microsoft programs Publisher and Paint to create little caricatures of my family. Each year since I have updated and tweaked the design to use again.


This is my original effort of the blessings card as I call it.
thanksgiving 2005

This is how it evolved for 2008 when we added 2 new dogs and our sweet DIL.
thanksgiving 2008 card

I decided to do something different this year for the Hero Arts challenge this week to use a photo in a stamped card. As each face and dog is a different photo I think this will qualify.



I used 4 Hero Arts stamps on this card and paper from K&Company. This time I changed the women's hats and removed the corn stalks before printing and cutting out the design.

Here's a closeup of the caricatures



Hero Arts Stamps used:
Clouds
Old Letter Writing
Dots and Flowers Design Block
Clear Design Scallop Borders

K&Company Paper:
Citronella
Wild Saffron

Thought for the Day:
Psalm 84:10~ A day in Your courts is better than a thousand. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
Isaiah 30:18~ The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him.

Have a blessed day and please leave a comment so I know you were here.
Nancy

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Nancy! I just put up a new blog post about how to get your photos to center. You can try that ... but it works best when the photos aren't wider than your text.

    In your case, I think the photos are wider than the text and to make them show up well, you would have to use HTML code to force them to be a certain size, too. I can show you how to do that, but it will have to be next week, if that's okay. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this on Flickr and haven't had a chance yet to comment. Love it! Gave me a great chuckle and love that you have the pets blended into the picture. Now that I know you update every year I think it is even more special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been here so I'm leaving you a comment... lol!
    I love the evolvment of your Thanksgiving card Nancy. We don't have that in France so although I can appreciate it's meaning I have never actually touched it cultural wise with the turkeys and pumpkins thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!