Friday, September 4, 2009

Hero Arts Challenge

My son did some research on our family name a while back and found out that our family crest has 3 Beer Steins as the main symbol. Then we found  Krueger's Beer, an old brewery that was the first to use aluminum cans. It's all very interesting for a family that doesn't really drink alot of beer.
So I thought I would combine the family connection to beer with the man week challenge on the Hero Arts blog, and make a birthday card for my father in law.
FIL B-Day Card
I used paper from K&Company Citronella and Hero Arts stamps Birthday Messages and Design Block Birthday.
Now I'm going back to playing with Perfect Pearls to get ready for my next class at Stamp Fever on October 9th.

Thought for the day: "Be still, and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
 Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to just be still, just trust, just be confident in God's promises. Have confidence in God, He is our Hope and He will never Change.

Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

  1. Unique! Love the story, so interesting! Amen to the thought of the day - I think we honor God by giving Him our confidence.
    Good luck with your class at SF!
    Hug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this story! Your card is perfect for a man! Love how you stamped onto the patterned paper!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the granddaughter of a man named Frederick Henry Weinhard, nephew of Henry Weinhard, the brewer, I can identify with this story. What a great idea to work it into a card. Only my mother and her sister still carry the name Weinhard in this area, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Nancy! Fabulous man card! By the way, I've nominated your for an award! Stop by my blog to check it out! :-)

    ReplyDelete