Friday, September 25, 2009

I know it's Friday but I finally made a tag for Tuesday

I have wanted to join in on some of the challenges I've seen Jacqueline do, she always impresses me with her wonderful heartfelt art. So even though it's Friday already I'm going add my tag to the Tag Tuesday site. The theme was children and I had this scrap photo left over from another project (the one in my blog banner) and thought it would work just fine. It's a photo of 2 of my dad's boyhood friends taken in 1934. My dad and his brother were in the side of the photo which can be seen in the banner above, my dad is the one on the end and his brother is next to him.
true blue~tag

In the photo the boys were practicing their Boy Scout salute and it just reminds me of a simpler time and the loyalty of children.

Thought for the day~There is never a bad time to seek wisdom
James 1:5 If you need wisdom, ask our generous God and He will give it to you!

9 comments:

  1. Nancy, it's not late at all. Late is after I post next week's challenge:)
    I just love this tag, what a great picture with those young lads and their boy scout salute. Always love when artists use real life
    photos in their work. This is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the distressed tag and the photo is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your Tag is stunning.
    Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag Nancy! Just love the background for the photo - and the collage look! Thanks for your thought for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning tag! Love your distressing and the twine with the button!!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag is beautiful! I like the background and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nancy!

    Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. Your cards and tags are just wonderful!
    Hope to hear from you soon again!
    Greetings Sanne from Denmark

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!