Monday, February 1, 2010

January Card Chain Challenge

There's still time to enter to win the autographed Hero Arts 2010 "The Art of the Stamp" catalog HERE.

I just love Deborah Nolan and her wonderful Card Chain Challenges. How fun is it to connect with card makers throughout the world and exchange gorgeous cards!! Well this month I received a stunner from Anette in Norway. Just look at the detail and the absolute skill with which she created that blended background. This card is a treasure.
I sent my card to Joy Ott in Indiana. I did some heat stamping on velvet to create a vintage style Valentine card.
 
I added a bit of decor to the inside as well...

 
If you want to see all the cards from January's challenge go HERE. Make sure to check out Deborah's card, it's a real stunner. To play along with the February CCC sign up today, tonight is the deadline.

Thought for the Day: Isaiah 61:10 "I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bride-groom decks himself with ornaments and as a bride adorns herself with jewels."
This verse refers to the relationship of believers with Jesus Christ-our righteousness. Because of His sacrifice on our behalf we gain a right relationship with God when we put our trust in Him alone. The "ornaments" and "jewels", our "robe of righteousness", become our "spiritual bling"!
Rejoice in God's goodness today,
Nancy

14 comments:

  1. Love both cards Nancy!! Absolutely beautiful! Adore the lace trim you used on your card and that heat stamping on velvet...wow, what a look that creates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Nancy, I love this challenge its always nice to receive a card especially a beautiful handmade one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Anette's card. I am lucky to have received severals of hers in the past! To see is to believe, right? Love your Thought of the Day...it makes me read the Bible verses which I don't ever read enough. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love today's quote - Isaiah is one book I tend to overlook, I'm afraid. Thank you for mentioning the CCC, Nancy - I lvoe doing it and am so thrilled that everyone is participating and enjoying it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are drop dead gorgeous!!! LOVE the inking in Anette's card and your heat embossing on velvet...OH MY!! That is soooo PRETTY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, these are 2 gorgeous cards!! I saw yours on Deborah's site, and wondered if that rich brown was velvet - what a beautiful addition to your already lovely card! So much to love about both of these beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your thought of the day- always insightful! I LOVE your vintage card! Even the inside is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  8. both cards are soooo beautiful! love the stamping on velvet, such a beautiful effect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are wonderful. Love see them all at Deborah's blog. Isn't she the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards, both of them! The velvet stamping is sooo elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such gorgeous cards on display today! Love them both! Especially the colors on your vintage card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards and wonderful scripture/thought for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooohhhh.... Love the velvet stamping! What a wonderful idea and it turned out so beautifully. Love the card from Anette... I am a big fan of her cards. thank you for the inspirational thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still love this card, Nancy! Thanks so much! Maybe you can explain the heat stamping on a future blog post! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!