Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Spring Day

No I'm not really jumping the gun, even in the midst of winter months here in Southern California, Spring is never too far away. I awoke this morning to a hummingbird flitting about outside my window. It rained yesterday and it's supposed to rain again on Saturday, but I have Spring in my heart and a hummingbird to prove it!
I have been trying to make a card for the Stamping Around challenge for a week and finally got some inspiration last night.  Here's the challenge inspiration:
 
It reminds me of a perfect Spring day.

Here's my Perfect Spring Day:

I don't usually make cards with scenes but what can I say, I was inspired! I just got the cute Hero Arts bicycle and I had to ink it up. The peachy layered flowers are punched, inked and then stitched on with crochet thread using a golden colored bead in the center. Some Hero Arts gems and a light wash of orange Stickles highlight the flowers in the basket. The tree is paper-pieced and the leaves are painted with Smooch.
Here's a close up of the detail:
Thought for the Day: I read an excellent post by Pam Merwin this week with a very important message. She writes really well and her messages are very though-provoking.  I thought I'd direct you over there today to show Pam some blog love. Her blog is called Lace and Southern Grace (i love that name).
Have a blessed day,
nancy

25 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card Nancy and fits the challenge perfectly, love the basket full of gem flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable, nancy! from the punched flowers to the paper pieced tree - it's just fabulous! i recently got that bicycle stamp, too... i think you have inspired me to finally ink it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - what a simply perfect and pretty Spring card, simply amazing in all of it's stunning elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, what an amazing card! I absolutely love scene cards, but I haven't been able to master that technique yet. Love the pretty orange flowers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME scene card, Nancy!! Could this be your NEW style!!? Love everything about this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card Nancy, love the little scene that you have created! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Bicycle Card Nacy woow soo Summer feeling after looking at your card...thanks for stopping by to my Blog it means much for me dear..Love, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOVE this Nancy, everything about it the quaint and beautiful tree, and ofcourse that bike!! I must have that bike! And your flowers match so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, my friend! We are all hoping this day you've created to arrive soon! Thanks for telling us about your hummingbird! What a day lifter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is soooooo beautiful, Nancy!!!! I love love love this!! wonderful spring-y scene you built! amazing details, too! fabulous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh but what a cute "scene"! Love the details with the flowers. And thank you so much for the blog love :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super cute scene Nancy. The more I see the bicycle stamp the more I want it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your peach flowers! so dainty! love this spring scene! i am just waiting for the supposed rain we are to get friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your card is amazing!!! Love your spring scene - the flowers are so beautiful!! Just perfect!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nancy, I have to say that I am with you when it comes to having springtime in my heart! It gets pretty tough way up here in Minnesota at this time of year! I love your "perfect spring day" card! The smooch colored leaves are awesome! Love that stuff! Your peach flowers are so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. very beautiful card and cute flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your spring scene makes my heart happy! This card is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Nancy! What a truly adorable card! Love those pretty poppies, too! I am soooo ready for Spring!

    By the way, my blog has moved! My new location is http://www.gaalcreative.com!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fantastic spring scene. love the bright punched flowers and the tree is fantastic and then to top it off you used the bicycle too. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nancy this is just so beautiful!! What a pretty scene you created and I love how you translated the inspiration! The perfect spring day indeed! :) Thanks for playing along with the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMGoodness! what a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my Nancy, this is just delightful! Such a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!