Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tag Tuesday #40 ~ Shamrocks

The shamrock theme this week is almost as challenging for me as the cutsey theme was last week. After an exhaustive search through 20 years worth of rubber stamps I realized I don't have a shamrock stamp. (More than 1500 stamps and not one shamrock, what was I thinking?)  So, anyway I looked in ClipArt for a shamrock which I printed out in 3 sizes to use as masks for the background. then I punched out tiny hearts to layer over the medium sized masks.  I've had the angel image for years, it was just waiting for this project. Thanks for another great challenge theme, Louise!
Check out this fun weekly challenge at Kard Krazy.
Thought for the Day: Psalm 119:105  "Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path!"  It's comforting to know that there's no reason to wander around in darkness or confusion when light is so readily available.
Blessings,
nancy

20 comments:

  1. So pretty, beautiful background and love the gentle look of this angel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the angel, too! And such a wonderful idea to mask the shamrocks! You're so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful tag! love the colors and the peaceful feel of this tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Shamrock Angel is so cute. And I love how you did your shamrocks. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy,
    Good job on trying so hard to find shamrocks, and then getting them off the conputer to use!! They ended up looking great on your tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very clever use of clip art to make the masks. I like that idea. Great tag all together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an awesome job to put all these images together! Now that is a feat in itself! Love the vintage feel and you have succeeded in turning this into a beautiful tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Irish angel and the little heart shamrocks surrounding her! Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work in creating your shamrocks. You've made a wonderful background for your angel.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful tag, Nancy! I don't think I have a shamrock stamp, either and would probably have gone digital! The angel pulls everything together perfectly...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning tag Nancy, such a lovely background to show off your angel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous tag, love everything about it Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great Tag! Love the Background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i would LOVE to see a picture of all your stamps!!
    as always, another beautiful tag and wonderful technique!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well for not having any shamrock stamps you did an amazing job on this one. I have to admit my Shamrock stash is vevy small!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! Great job masking the shamrocks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I just love that angel image and your tag is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely image makes me think of st patrick and the angels that must have guided him. Lovely tag and lovely words.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You created a fantastic background for your equally fantastic image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!