Friday, July 2, 2010

Puppy Love- Cards for Grace

Jennifer McGuire is having a card drive for sweet little girl whose twin sister has lost her battle with cancer. I can't imagine the confusion and sorrow that Grace is feeling and it's lovely that Jennifer is organizing this outpouring of love to comfort and uplift her. I was really inspired by Kathy's fun card featuring her furry friend and thought I could do the same with a photo of my little Chihuahua, Tia. Heather has some great ideas too!
I hope Grace is a fan of dogs, especially pampered little princess dogs. For this card I used paper from the Cherry Delicious collection by Sassafrass.  Stamps from Hero Arts: S5435 Graph Background, CL342 Everyday Sayings, CL380 Truly Appreciated (inside message- Sending you lots of hugs...and puppy love!).
I thought I would include this card in Anne's July Challenge: Animals! It couldn't be more perfect since it features my sweet little formerly homeless Tia. Anne's challenge this month benefits "A Place to Bark". It's a wonderful animal rescue organization and operates on private donations. Thanks for checking it out!

Thought for the Day: Psalm 37:4-5 ~ "Delight yourself....in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass."
Blessings,
nancy

12 comments:

  1. Tia is just adorable! Perfect card for Grace. Made me smile big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN card, Nancy! I love the fact that Kathy's card inspired you! The sentiment is adorable.. makes me smile,too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sure to make Grace smile! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so special Nancy.. Tia looks so happy and no doubt will cheer up Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is super cute and fun, Nancy!! i am sure Grace will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! What a great card for Grace! Love the image and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute, beautiful papers you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sweet Nancy I am so lucky to have stumbled on this card!!!!!! So precious and fun to see that you were inspired by my pooch :) I love how you created your background and your dog is so perfect for this. Love the little ears and the bow. This will make any child feel love and put a warm smile on their face. You are the best and sweetest person. Hugs,kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable!! She will love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Nancy! What an adorable card for Jennifer's card drive! Love the puppy! And I just wanted to take a moment to sincerely thank you for visiting my blog so often during my recovery. I appreciate it so much! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. And thanks so much for entering my challenge, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!