Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Quick One Layer Card

I made time to play with the 90 Minute Scramble with the Hero Arts Flickr group this morning. The challenge was to make a one layer card...oh, that is a challenge for me. I love having the flexibility of layering to cover up my many boo-boos. So keeping to my M.O. the first card found its way to the wastebasket, just too many smudges and a crooked sentiment. Here is card #2...I went a totally different direction than the first card.....
I did some acrylic block stamping for the background, added some snowflakes and then stamped the Decorated Tree and sentiment. The tree is colored with run of the mill Sharpie markers.
I'm off to find some inspiration...I'm fresh out at the moment!

 ~ Romans 15:13 ~
"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. 
Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit."

blessings,
nancy

13 comments:

  1. I think your one layer card is beautiful, Nancy! Your lovely stamping gives the illusion of being multi-layered. I love the colored ornaments and the pretty bling. I also appreciate your wonderful "Thought for the Day". Thank you!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm amazed that this is only one layer! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed that this was finished, photographed and uploaded in 90 minutes! I love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning one layer card Nancy! Looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Nancy! All the pretty colors and stamping make this look like anything but one layer! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow - not bad for not being inspired Nancy. I love the design and the whole thing looks awesome. this has inspired me that's for sure

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great stamp layering on this Nancy! I can't believe it's one layer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful one layer card, especially love the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an amazing 1 layer card!

    i totally forgot there was a 90 minute scramble that day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card! Your tree is beautiful :-) Your scripture for the day is one of my favorites ~ I actually have it as my "signature" on my email account. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty one layered card, Nancy! love the pretty background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Lovely layering of stamps. The masked rectangle is a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One layered cards are the most difficult for me! It seems I can't make any. But you rock girl!!! This is amazing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!