Thursday, February 3, 2011

January CCC...just a little late...

I've been waiting so patiently for the gorgeous set of cards from Paula in Australia to arrive. I'm getting ready to make my card for the February CCC but I thought I should get January posted first.
Luckily, the sweet and lovely Paula has provided me with photos of the promised cards (the funky weather down under prevented her from getting to the mail sooner).
I do love this fun card exchange, it is so fun and easy to participate. There's no pressure, just make one card and send it on it's way. Then sit back and be surprised when a card lands in the mailbox from anywhere in the world. I love it....thanks goes to Deborah Nolan- Society of Stamp & Scrap-aholics for originating this idea and to all the wonderful card makers who participate each month.
So without further ado, here's the card that I sent to Anette in Norway....
I'm so loving this wonderful set of chair stamps from Hero Arts, it's called Wish You Were Here. I stamped the chair on pp and then made a background with more pp from the Restoration Collection by Crate Paper.
A sentiment and a few very simple embellies and I called it done.

Now can I just say that our dear Paula likes to do things up right. Not only did she make a gorgeous card for me....she made 4 gorgeous cards. One of the themes was Australia Day and I'm very honored that she shared cards with her country's big holiday.
I believe the answer to Aussie, Aussie, Aussie is Oy, Oy, Oy! Well done Paula, love it!


 I like how Paula translated for me....G'day Mate must mean Hello Friend!

Beautiful flower...this card reminds me of pretty package! Be sure to check out her blog, Scrappy Me. Thank you Paula for making these wonderful cards for me, you are such a sweet and generous soul. Blessings to you, dear friend!

 ~ Psalm 86: 4-5 ~
Give me happiness, O Lord,
for I give myself to You.
O Lord, You are so good,
so ready to forgive,
so full of unfailing love
for all who ask for Your help.


blessings,
nancy

9 comments:

  1. Paula's cards are so wonderful! That fish is absolutely adorable...sure makes me smile! I really like the card you sent off to Norway too, Nancy! That chair stamp always catches my eye as I have a miniature chair collection. Maybe I've mentioned that to you before? lol Beautiful!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful card Nancy, and because of you I have now purchased that stamp set too! Love the funny cards you received and the beautiful last one with the flower! How sweet to be sent 4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you'll be receiving four cards from Paula! Love them all! And the one you sent to Anette is just lovely, Nancy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe shucks, twas nuttin' :D. I do hope that they arrived very soon. It seems to take "forever" for anything to get from Australia to o/s. Even without cyclones & floods. Hope you enjoy them when they get there xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you! And aren't those fish the cutest things? LOVE them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card ~ I think I NEED that chair stamp!!!! And Paula's cards are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards from Paula that fish is so cute hope they get to you real soon. Love the card you created Nancy its so warm and homely, lucky Anette to receive this beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous, Nancy! Loved seeing the wonderful cards you received from Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your chair card, Nancy. I was going to buy that paper yesterday and I forgot. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!