Monday, November 21, 2011

Another Tag Design

My hubby cut lots of tag shapes out of wood to use for my next stamping class. Then I did some experimenting to come up with a workable design for a class to do. I posted the class tag on the previous post.

This is a tag I'll use on a gift, it turned out exactly as I hoped and imagined.


 My tag is a winner at Hero Arts!!


For this tag, I stained both sides of the wood tag with Walnut Stain Distress Stain. I love the deep rich color! The sentiment was gold embossed directly onto the tag. Then the tree was stamped with Jenni Bowlin Seed Packet ink onto white cs and cut out. I distressed it with Vintage Photo. To embellish the tree I strung mini red buttons onto gold cording and attached them to the tree with glue dots. Tiny gold gems then finished the decoration. I added a gold cord so this can be used as a tree ornament after it serves as a gift tag.
I found the gold cord, red mini buttons and ribbon at Stamp Fever.

Thanks for your visit, please leave a comment so I know you were here.
blessings,
nancy





13 comments:

  1. Wow what a fun idea Nancy. Wooden tags and I love your design, great christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wood tag idea. Stunning with the stain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Nancy! The gold embossing on the wood is gorgeous! The whole tree is beautiful too!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the deep, rich brown of this one, Nancy and the tree is wonderful with your handmade, button garland - just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful tag Nancy, Wish I could take your classes, this one looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you have used wood Nancy this is so striking and so effective...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my - a family project! How creative to use real wood and what a sweet hubby to cut it for you. This is a real gift, Nancy! So detailed and rich! Simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHH! I totally agree--that dark walnut stain is AMAZING with that gold embossing and beautiful tree! WOW! GORGEOUS--love those little buttons and the gold twine--this is AMAZING:) BEAUTIFULLY done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag, Nancy! Your tree is so rich in color and design, love the zig zag of the golden cord. Hope you are having an enjoyable week and will be with your grandson tomorrow? Have a beautiful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful tag Nancy! Love the tree - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! So neat that the tag is actually wooden! Love that beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks really beautiful Nancy! Such character!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!