Friday, November 4, 2011

Kathy's Lily Pad Palette for November

Lily Pad Cards has teamed up with Clear Dollar Stamps to bring you another fabulous color challenge:

I made another digital hybrid card using Clear Dollar Stamps Pumpkin Pie Digi Set. I loved that they had a pre-colored image in the set. As you are all well aware my coloring skills leave a lot to be desired so having the option to use a beautiful image that's ready to go totally appealed to me. It also allowed me to make a really quick card.
The background is made up of digital papers (a free set at Two Peas; see links below) that were formatted and sized in Publisher. Then I layered the Pumpkin pie digi image and the sentiment on top before printing . A punched card stock border, rustic jute twine, a button and vellum die cut complete the card.

I also used this set to design my 2011 Thanksgiving Place cards. I created them on two 8.5 x 11 sheets that I will print out and layer onto card stock for the place cards.
This is my working design and it will most likely change many times before I'm happy enough with it to print out and assemble the place cards.

I had to make a card for my honey...my very own Pie Man (he loves pie and bakes them often).


I hope you join in the color challenge fun at Lily Pad Cards; there is always a great prize and so much inspiration in the gallery. Check out what the Design Team has created with this wonderful Fall color palette.

~ Philippians 4:8 ~
Fix your thoughts on what is true,  
and honorable, and right, and pure,
and lovely, and admirable.
Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

blessings,
nancy

8 comments:

  1. what super cute cards Nancy. Great idea to use the pre-coloured images. Your work in progress place names look like they are going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest card! .. and can be easily duplicated:-) How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! My favorite! Love your place cards and your card! Waiting for the fun family card for thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum yum! making me hungry for some pie right now! lovely place cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are incredibly sweet, Nancy! Love the designs you came up with using the stamp. I have yet to try digital, but you have inspired me. Those place cards are perfect....wish I was coming to dinner! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are incredibly sweet, Nancy! Love the designs you came up with using the stamp. I have yet to try digital, but you have inspired me. Those place cards are perfect....wish I was coming to dinner! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such adorable cards Nancy! And your place cards are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layout and design of this card! All of your holiday cards have been lovely, too! Sending hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!