Saturday, December 17, 2011

Inspired by Lin!

The lovely Lin Brandyberry has been one of my creative muses for many years now. Her style is so feminine, soft and lovely. Her use of color is extraordinary. I quite literally gasp when I see her cards. So when I saw THIS amazing bit of cardmaking genius, using an older Stampendous stamp that I own, I had to try to make it my own.

Here are my vintage Stampendous Christmas stamps:


"His Name Tree" from 2001 and "Jesus is the Reason for the Season" from 1987 (inside sentiment).




Where Lin's design is soft and pink and tied with a perfect bow, I went with saturated color, bright gems and lots of Perfect Pearls mist. After white embossing the image on white cs, I applied Fired Brick Distress ink directly to the paper and used a cloth remove the excess ink from the embossed image. After a thorough spritzing with the mist and time to dry the panel was adhered to a white card base before adding the gems.
The color of this card is also inspired by THIS video by Pastor Greg Laurie titled "Red is the Color of Christmas". Let me know what you think.

Christmas Blessings,
nancy




9 comments:

  1. I LOVED that card from Lin, and your version is gorgeous too, Nancy! Pretty shimmer from the perfect pearls, and the multi-colored gems look perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nancy, thank you for the kind words! I love your version of this stamp, too. Isn't it fun to find something old and make it new again? LOVE the multi gems, just like the lights on our Christmas tree here at home. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card came out absolutely beautiful! I love the color and the gems.. and most of all sometimes the older stamps are the best ones of all ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow ~ the difference between the two cards using the same stamp is stunning... your bright colours are amazing. I really love both of them

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your card! It is beautiful. Thank you so much to the link "RED is the color of Christmas". I will be sharing that with many of my friends. May you be blessed this Christmas my friend.
    Joy in Jesus~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is amazing Nancy - what an inspirational idea taken from Lin's gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lin inspires us all, Nancy - and so do you! Love your take with all its boldness! That background is wonderful, too. Such a richness to this special message. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowsers! love the red with the white embossed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful Nancy! Love the bright red! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!