Friday, March 23, 2012

It's all about flowers.....

....at Lily Pad Cards. Flowers are the theme for the Simon Says Stamp sponsored challenge. That's a pretty wide open theme, perfect for letting your creativity run wild. Check out the post at Lily Pad Cards HERE for more details.

A flower theme gave me the opportunity to play with the flowers in the new Flutter By stamp set from Lawn Fawn. I masked and stamped the flowers randomly. Then I stamped one of the butterfly images in the background to look like leaves. I framed them with Hero Arts Simple Frame, stamped once on the flower panel and trimmed, then stamped again on the background patterned paper.


I colored the flowers with Letraset markers; I just love the how the blue in the background makes the flowers pop. The combination of stamps and colors gives this a stained glass window effect. After I was done with the coloring I stamped Old Letter Writing with Pumice Stone Distress ink over the top.

Make sure to visit Lily Pad Cards for this flower fest challenge. The design team has made some fabulous cards to give your creativity a jump-start.



Have a lovely weekend,
blessings,
nancy

16 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous, bright colors, Nancy! Love this floral beauty! Hope you are well! Have a good weekend - hugs to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, this card is SO beautiful. Those colors look absolutely brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the vibrant colors and such wonderful masking. How creative to use part of the butterfly for leaves :)

    BTW: I love your scripture for today - my favorite part of this scripture is "Above all, clothe yourselves with love." Yep, we all need to put on the love of Christ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I love it so much. I'm gonna have to get all the supplies you mentioned and make it. I just hope I find all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bright and cheerful card Nancy. I love flowers and will definitely be having a go at this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Nancy! Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful verse for today - it matches your card - full of positive vibes and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours on this card are magnificent Nancy and it truly does look like stained glass!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stained glass is the perfect description for this gorgeous creation, Nancy - brilliant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a bright and cheerful card, Nancy. One would never know that the leaves are actually a butterfly stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the look you got from this one Nancy. I must pull out my frame again. Just a beautiful card and your verse is very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love the stained glass look of your flower card, Nancy - so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my this is just beautiful...love all these amazing colors...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an innovative way to use this set, Nancy! I love the contrast you have created and the resulting look does resemble stained glass. Another masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was here for the Lily Pad blog hop and took a look around. I just had to tell you I think this card is stunning. It reminds me of stained glass.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!