Sunday, November 18, 2012

24 Hour Scramble Event with the Hero Arts Flickr Group

Okay so I totally forgot about the 24 Hour Scramble Event until I happened to check out the Hero Arts Flickr Group yesterday morning. I love the 90 Minute Scrambles that involve having a scramble hostess provide the theme for the participants to make a card or project, then photograph and upload to the group all in 90 minutes. I have made some of my favorite cards for scrambles because I don't have time to second guess myself, just keep moving forward and get it done. Of course I've also made some real lemons too.

I managed to play in 3 of the 12 scrambles that had participation from all over the world. For as far flung as this group is around the world we are a pretty tight bunch of stamping crafters. And the mastermind who organized this global event is the youngest in the group, Hannah from My Little Craft Nook.

Here's my card for Karen's Scramble #10; the theme was to use only Cream, Red and Gold:

I got started a little late on this one so I kept it simple. I gold embossed the pretty filigree tree on cream cardstock and over-stamped the script with Antique Linen Distress ink. I added some red to the flowers with a Copic marker and layered this panel on Basic Grey red patterned paper which I gold embossed with the sentiment. This was very quick and easy, so unlike me!


Next up was my sweet friend, Barb's Scramble #11:

Her theme was right in my wheelhouse to use 3 different patterned papers. Since I just received my package from Hero Arts with my Fab Five winnings I had the Aspen Frost paper pack handy. I chose 3 that looked nice together, stamped the frame and sentiment on the lightest paper, cut it out and assembled the 4x4 card with a bit Lawn Trimmings Peppermint twine. This one was done in a flash and I may make several more with different paper combinations.


The final Scramble #12 was hosted by Janet, a really lovely lady whom I recently met at Scrapfest.


Her theme was Time which I have to say threw me for a loop at first. I searched for a sentiment that fit the theme and it took so long that I needed to save some time on the actual card design. I went through my stash of pre-stamped and colored rejects from previous projects and found a bright little number. Thanks to Maria in the Flickr group for reminding me that by using something that I had on hand I was "saving time" so it still fit with the theme!


I wish I had been able to play along with a few more of the Scrambles, each and every Hostess did an outstanding job of coming up with a fabulous theme. A big thanks goes out to Hero Arts for awarding a random winner of each scramble with a Digital Stamp set (I was a lucky winner!) And another big thanks to all of the Scramble Hostesses, your themes were wonderful and you all kept things rolling with your witty banter! And to Hannah for all the work she did organizing and keeping an eye on things over the 24 hours. Big hugs to you all!

You can check out all the fabulous projects at the Hero Arts Flickr Group.

"By Him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His Name."
Hebrews 13:15
blessings,
nancy

5 comments:

  1. It's such fun to see the scramble cards by maker today, a change up from viewing by theme. I love your cards, especially the first. Hat tree with the red touches is gorgeous. Glad you played along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your cards, Nancy--especially the first one--may not be like you, but is like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy all three cards are so beautiful and each fit the theme perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are simply gorgeous Nancy. I love them all. Your first one is so elegant looking, your second is totally incredible. I fell in love with it on Flickr. Your last one is so bright and cheerful. Great idea to find a pre-coloured piece. I missed Janet's scramble. Managed a few of the earlier ones. It was such fun. And a big thanks Nancy for your lovely comments on my blog... much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  5. These scrambles sound amazing! Love your cards :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!