Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Furry Christmas Card

As you may know if you visit here often, I've become very well acquainted with our new veterinary hospital this past year. We've weathered some major situations with our fur babies and way too many minor annoyances. Through it all the kind people at Orange Veterinary Hospital have cared for us along with Digby and Tia. I wanted to do something nice to thank the doctors and staff for helping us through a very stressful year. I'm stopping by there today to pick up some Trifexis for Digby and I'll be dropping off this little card.

I knew I had to have this adorable stamp from Simon Says Stamp and it's the perfect centerpiece of my festive card. It's called Furry Christmas appropriately and it was designed by Kristina Werner. The only way it could be better if it included a cute little Chihuahua. 

I used lots of scraps from my basket to paper-piece the fun image and then anchored everything on some Fa-La-La paper from Lawn Fawn. I used the "be merry" sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Pa Rum Pa Pa Pum set and tied it all up with Peppermint Lawn Trimmings. 


I wanted to add some dimension so I used Black Enamel Accents on the noses and eyes and White Enamel Accents on the hat. Glossy Accents and Star Dust Stickles added even more shine and sparkle.





Thanks so much to everyone at Orange Veterinary Hospital!

blessings,
nancy

9 comments:

  1. so sweet Nancy! I am sure they loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a lot of thoughts and creativity going into this lovely card! I love how you used the paper and glitter! I know the people at Veterinary hospital are going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, this is absolutely adorable! Love all the different papers you used! Just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet Nancy, What a nice idea to send a cute card to the vets. It is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so kind, Nancy - this card brings such a big grin and your thoughtfulness fills my heart. Love the paper piecing and the cute layout - pure contentment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a perfect idea!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!