Thursday, May 30, 2013

You Shine!

It's good to be inspired to play in a challenge again! I saw Donna Mikasa's fabulous card for CAS(E) this Sketch challenge #30, this morning and immediately had an idea for this week's sketch!  I saw a layout by Wilna on Two Peas earlier in the week and got inspired to use her "string of sparkles".





I didn't have sequins so I made my own by gold embossing a chunk of Versamark on cardstock and punching 1/8" and 1/4" circles along with die cutting the tiny star from Summertime Charm Lawn Cuts. I used crochet thread in cream as my "string". The paper is Studio Calico (I'm sorry I don't what collection as I just have random sheets :)


Here's the sketch for the challenge this week:

blessings,
nancy

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely creative genius!! Love it, nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! Love how you made your own sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow fabulous take on the sketch Nancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, I love those hanging stars! Wonderful card, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this in every way possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your creative take on this week's sketch and I'm happy that my card inspired you to create one cool card! Love this, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so trendy and cute, nancy! I hear that gold is the up and coming trend...you are ahead of it. Great idea to make your own embellishments. This really shines and you are a super-star!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!