Friday, December 13, 2013

A Nerdy Bird Birthday Card

I'm not sure how I feel about having a child who is 30 years old. I'm certainly happy that Andy has been a blessing to me for so many years. But I'm just wondering where all those years went. Time passes way too quickly and I can't possibly be old enough to have a child born 30 years ago. On the upside Al and I did get to babysit with Uriah while Andy and Kellie had some birthday fun at Disneyland Wednesday night. At 2 years old, Uriah is full of fun and such a happy guy, just like his daddy!

Andy's birthday card features the adorable nerdy bird from Lawn Fawn's brand new Valentine set, Science of Love. Andy was rocking the nerdy "hipster doofus" look long before it was trendy so it only seemed appropriate.


aj birthday 2013
The little nerdy bird is flying by hanging on to a balloon from Admit One. I used the Admit One Lawn Cuts balloon die to cut out the red Copic-colored balloon. No more fussy cutting for nancy!!
The birthday sentiment is from So Much to Say.


stencil background close up
For the background I used Dylusions stencil with Vintage Photo Distress to make the large dots, the smaller dots are a Tim Holtz stencil with Heidi Swapp Color Shine spray in Tinsel. I also sprayed the Tinsel Color Shine on the sentiment banner.

Sorry this is a day late, I had some trouble with Flickr yesterday and ran out of time.
blessings,
nancy


5 comments:

  1. Oh this is so adorable, Nancy!! Love that little bird hanging on to the balloon :) Happy Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card - such a cutie bird :) Yep, our children grow up way too fast! Mine are 36 and 34.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!