Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Finally, a new Christmas card post....

So it's been over a month since my last post because I just didn't have anything to post. I needed some time away from crafting to find a new perspective. I'm not sure I found it yet but I'm sneaking up on it.

I decided to do something totally different with my Christmas cards this year. I pulled out an old Stampendous stamp that I love but never really found the perfect way to use. It's from 2001, called His Name Tree. I stamped it in black Archival ink on watercolor paper. I used Distress inks in Crushed Olive and Gathered Twigs to watercolor the tree. A little bit of gold sparkle from a Sakura gel pen and a die cut star covered with Golden Rod Stickles was all the embellishment I added. I was so surprised that I liked how they turned out. A little rustic, definitely homemade and full of meaning.


Christmas card 2013.wm
Each card is a little different as the watercoloring was added with a paintbrush and however it went down that's how it stayed.



Christmas card 2013


Christmas card 2013.3.wm
Just a simple inside message from Hero Arts Greatest Gift clear set.

I'm working on a couple more Christmas card designs so hopefully I will post them soon. I plan to be back tomorrow with a birthday card I made for my son, Andy's birthday. It doesn't seem possible that he's 30 years old today, especially since I'm just "39" myself!

blessings,
nancy

9 comments:

  1. They are just PERFECT, Nanc! So beautifully crafted!

    Can't believe you had a baby when you were 9! Lol! :)

    Hugs to you and Happy Birthday to Andy! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are beautiful!
    Jesus the reason for the season!!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, perfect for the season. TFS ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a perfect card! I would know Fran's hand anywhere! That stamp is a treasure--I've been looking that celebrates Jesus' birth more. Love what you did with it and the watercolor.

    Looks like you'll have a blessed Christmas & share that with others.

    Blessed to Bless,
    chiyo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy these cards turned out beautiful. I love anything that is water-colored. This is beautiful! Merry Christmas to you!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Shop 3 Twenty Crafts ♥
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous Christmas cards Nancy. A particularly beautiful sentiment as well. I have to admit to having a bit of a snort at your final sentence, Know exactly how you feel, being "39" myself and my baby turning 25 a few weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Nancy!! Love these cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!