Friday, January 17, 2014

My CHA 2014 Recap

I'm somewhat recovered from participating in the extreme sport we like to call CHA. Prep starts months in advance, then only intensifies as the show approaches. Once the show floor opens to buyers it's non-stop activity until 4 days later when we hear that disembodied voice over the loudspeaker announcing the show is closed. Then the real fun starts with taking down the booth, packing the product, the samples, the demo supplies and sorting it all for the next show. What follows is my photo heavy journey through the experience of exhibiting at CHA 2014.

On Wednesday, while the guys (Mike and Matt) and Kelly were at the convention center assembling the booth, Chari and I had an intense day of  Make n Take kitting to accomplish in my kitchen. That girl is so sweet, I just love working with her.


We also did some Daphne sitting; she and Tia hung out on the couch together.

On Thursday and Friday we add the product, the samples and the decoration to the booth. We were joined by fellow fawnie, Ivy and Lawn Fawn Design Team member, Tiffany Johnson.


Tiffany working on some scrapbook layouts on the floor. She's an amazing crafter and so sweet!



Here's some work in progress pics:

Once the show opens it's non-stop make and takes for me. Our booth was always hopping with people. Lawn Fawn proved once again to be a very popular brand!


Our 4 Make n Take cards. We do a different card each day. The first day we did Happy Trails, then Let's Roll, Wish You Were Here and on the last day Hello Sunshine. 
We switched up the sentiment on the day 3 card to "wish I was there" to use for the Operation Write Home "Make and Give". We left the arrow and heart separate for the heroes to add to the card to customize them.

I always meet the most wonderful people doing Make n Takes! 
That's Sandy Allnock of Operation Write Home in the bottom photo. She is truly a lovely person.

Lots of men joined in the crafty fun this year!

Look at those wonderful smiles! Clockwise from top-left:
Heidi- the lovely owner of Simon Says Stamp; she is adorable!
Britta- our former intern and sweet friend!
Kristina- lovely and talented!
Mariko- what a special lady
Beth- young crafter whose dad videoed the making of her card
Thanh- adorable, the hat says it all!
Lenny- finally met this sweet crafter who traveled all the way from Belgium!
Marie-Pierre- she made all the cards and was so delightful!
May- So happy to see this talented crafter again.

I love this photo of Marie-Pierre and me on the last day:



She is such a sweet and genuine person and she visited everyday to make a card. Here's a link to her blog post about her CHA experience: Pretty Please by Marie-Pierre Capistran


Top photo: The Fawnie Ladies- Ivy, Chari, Jasmine, Kelly Marie, Lisa, Lynette and me

We had dinner on Saturday at my neighborhood Mexican restaurant, Ricardos with Heidi and Stephanie of Simon Says Stamp and on Monday we went to Lazy Dog Cafe with Kathy Racoosin, Jennifer McGuire, Britta, Tiffany and Linda Barber. Since I live so close to the convention center,
I got to play chauffeur for our out-of-town friends.
Unfortunately my photos from Lazy Dog didn't turn out so good but here's a cute shot of Kelly Marie and Heidi from Ricardo's:



Just because the show is over doesn't mean we can relax. Now we get all the new products ready to be shipped next month! We'll be putting together Collection Kits, packaging sequins and flair, stocking stamps and dies and twine and paper and note cards. I'll be making sense of all my supplies and making lots of sample cards to send to stores. The fun continues! I love this job and I'm so grateful to Mike and Kelly, they are the best!


blessings,
nancy

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I can't wait until I am able to go to a CHA event. What a whirlwind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Nanc! It sounds like you had a fantastic CHA experience! So glad you shared all the photos! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an amazing & kind asset to the Fawnies!!! Thank you for all that you've done and continue to do! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time! Thanks so much for sharing, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Nancy... it has been a full on few weeks for you. I wish I could have come and seen you there... maybe one day! Love the cards you did for your Make'n'Takes. Thanks for sharing you time with us

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy!! I found your blog. :) I'm so glad that we were able to see each other again this year and thank you for your patience during the make and takes (wish I had the time to sit down for the last one, lol!) Your work is incredible and thank you for your creativity. Looking forward to staying in touch via social media.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nancy
    It was so nice ot see you thisyear. I had so much fun in Lawn fawn Land with you. Loved all the make and takes, too. Hugs, and stay well, P :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!