Saturday, November 20, 2010

4 Cards from 1 Sketch

I'm hosting the 90 Minute Scramble at the Hero Arts Flickr Group this morning. I made up a sketch for a quick inchie card as the theme for the challenge.
Here's the sketch.....

And here are some ideas I came up with.....






Card Recipes:
Wishes: Kraft card base, Crate Paper Snow Day patterned paper, Hero Arts Clear set CL474 Special Wishes. Hero Hues Chalk ink-Latte, Copic markers. White gel pen. 1" square punch.
Bright: Neenah Solar white cs, glossy black cs, Hero Arts stamps- S5435 Graph Background, CL462 Magic of Christmas clear set, CL460 Joy to All. Copic markers, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Gold glitter. 1" square punch, 7/8" square punch.
Peace: Kraft card base, Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather patterned paper, Hero Arts snowflakes from various clear sets, CHF sentiment, Hero Arts snowflake embellies, Fiskars Lace Scallop border punch, Creative Memories circle punch, Hero Hues Chalk ink-Snow, Versamark ink, Stampendous silver and purple embossing powders. Corner Chomper.
Joy: Hero Hues Layering Paper-Cerulean, Graphic45 Christmas Past patterned paper. Memento Tuxedo black ink. Distress Ink Crushed Olive, Tumbled Glass, Broken China. Copic markers. Hero Arts stamps- S5433 Large Canvas Stripes, CL464 Sending Holiday Cheer, CL463 Get Merry, CG119 Flourish Background (on blue circle). Frosted Lace Stickles. White gel pen. Marvy 2.5" circle punch.

I was reminded yesterday why I started blogging a little over a year ago....I wanted to meet and be inspired by talented paper-crafters, have a place to share my work and get honest critiques but the most important reason was to share my faith in Jesus Christ. God has blessed me by blessing others through my Thought for the Day. I wanted to give thanks to God for the amazing people He has brought into my life through this online community. I got the sweetest email yesterday from a sister in Christ (she just happens to share my name) who found my blog because of the link on Jennifer McGuire's blog post. Her words were wonderful and touched my heart, I'm so glad she took the time to write. Call it coincidence or serendipity, I believe it's all by God's design because of His love for us.
Romans 8:28 ~ "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."
buckets of blessings,
nancy

16 comments:

  1. Oh my...I love them all! Especially the graphics on the second one. It would take me 90 minutes just to look for my supplies. Hopefully you'll host another when I'm more organized...
    hugs and blessings to you,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. all your cards are so delightful and show just how much you can do with a sketch Nancy, Wish I could have taken part, but the timing wasn't right for me.
    Loved your thought of the day comments too... I am blessed to have got to know you through this medium too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sketch is wonderful Nancy! It's one I might even be able to manage! lol Your cards are all so beautiful! It's so fun to see the variations from the sketch! I truly appreciate your "Thought for the Day"...Romans 8:28 has always been a favorite!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sketch and what you done with it on all 4 cards! They're all different, but beautiful! And thanks for the Thought of the Day. It's such a good reminder to us all to share the good news! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, these are spectacular Nancy. Great work! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards! I have to pay attention so I can play along next time. Love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nancy! Wow, you have been busy creating :) Love your cards. Hoping to see you again soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! these are fabulous, Nancy! LOVE them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy, These cards helped so much during the challenge! So inspirational! Love each one! Your sketch sure was a fun one and I know everyone loved the scramble. Great job today, my friend! Love your thought for the day. . .I feel so blessed too, for the friends like you that I've met through this fun hobby of ours! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry I can't play along but wow, these are gorgeous and I love that cute, cute sketch, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your sketch and cards. So sad to have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nancy, love all the cards you have created for the challenge all such different takes on the sketch. Unfortunately I couldn't take part this time as we were at a family wedding. Nevermind lets hope there will be more of these challenges.
    Sallyx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So blessed to know you too Nancy!
    The scramble looked like it was a success! Your cards look super!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! Gorgeous cards nancy! All of these are soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Nancy. Wanted to drop by and let you know you have been on my heart lately. I'm thankful for doing the challenge together and getting to know a little about you. I don't get a chance to visit often or tell you thank you for your beautiful work.

    Have a wonderful day!

    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really lovely mix of cards using the same design Nancy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!