Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Package from Virginia!

How fun to get my mail and find a package from Virginia Lu! She had sent the blog candy from her "Beat the Winter Blahs" Challenge. I was awarded 2nd place right behind the amazing Lucy! That in itself was prize enough. Here is what the lovely Virginia and her wonderful family sent:
 
In the package was the Scroll Label Cling from Hero Arts, a package of pearl and crystal gems and the most adorable card ever!


She used wire and brads to create a clothesline to hang the little clothes on. Virginia's heartfelt note inside made me tear up a bit too.
Since I just couldn't wait to ink up the stamp, I made a Wedding Card to keep on hand. Linda at Stamp Fever asked me to try out a new product called Smooch.
 It's an ink that comes in a container with a brush like nail polish. I used it to paint the leaves on the Scroll Label.
 The Smooch went on really smoothly and the green color is very pretty. After I got the hang of it, I found it was very easy to paint color even in small detailed areas. I think I'll give Linda a thumbs up on this one. This is an unbiased review, I was not compensated by the manufacturer nor by Stamp Fever.
Card Supplies and Tools: stamps- all Hero Arts CG135 Scroll Label, CL143 Two Hearts Wedding, CL401 Speckled Ornaments. Paper-K&Company Handmade Garnish 12x12 paper pad. Hero Arts Gemstones, Michael's ribbon, Clearsnap Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink.
Thought for the Day: I am so thankful for the lovely comments I've received about the Thought for the Day. It is such a blessing to know that God is using my humble little blog to touch the hearts of my readers.You all bless my little happy heart, thank you!
This is a favorite verse ~ Ephesians 2:4-5 "God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ. We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Amen!
Please check out my sidebar near the top for some fun Blog Candy at Vanessa's "wings of a butterfly" blog. Click the photo to link to her blog.
Blessings to you,
nancy

17 comments:

  1. Lovely wedding card with your wonderful candy Nancy. Thanks for the thumbs up on the smooth paint, I have seen it in the UK but wasn't sure about it. Might get some now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! the wedding card is gorgeous! beautiful colors and design!! and thanks for sharing your yummy goodies from Virginia! she is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice package of goodies from Virginia - isn't she a sweetheart? And I love the card you made with your newest stamp! Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so gald to see my mail had arrived safely! You put it right into GREAT use already! Love that Smooch (what a name!!!) and I'm thrilled that you like that cling stamp. With the limited choice in my LSS, that stamp was my favorite. Thank you for the kind words and I'm blessed to be a follower in your blog! Your beautiful cards and Bible verses are such delight in my life! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card made with your bog candy win...CONGRATS Nancy!!! I have a few questions for you...can you send me your email...mine is t.kuzniak@cogeco.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome win and what a stunning card. That scroll frame is perfect. Given me a heap of inspiration.... thanks Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stuff, Nancy! Hope your CCC card from me arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing what Virginia sent to you, Nancy! She is so sweet! I love the card you made with the Scroll Label! Beautiful! I also wanted to let you know that I have about 5 bottles of Smooch. I've had them for about a year or so. Must be a newer product where you live. I love them! They go on really smooth and come in nice vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wowzers Nancy! Love what you did with that scroll stamp and the smooch ink, so pretty! And Virginia is such a sweetie with all of her goodies, what a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely surprise to get a lovely package like that - and with one of Virginias lovely cards, too!

    Your card is fantastic, too Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card you've made with that new stamp, Nancy! It looks very elegant. The smootch sounds very fun to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful wedding card Nancy and I liked your review on the Smooch product. I've seen it in stores and always wondered what it was like.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great thought of the day and my sister especially loved Virginia's card, just up her street. Love this post Nancy and have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy- your card is a BEAUTY! MMM- I love it all! Thanks for sharing your package from Virginia, too! Isn't she a sweetie?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clothes on a clothesline. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute card from Virginia and fun RAK. Love how you used the smooch on your card. Lovely card the design and papers are so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Nancy! What a wonderful package to receive in the mail! Congratulations on being named one of Virginia's winners! Love that you already inked up the stamp, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!