Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Top Ten Lists for 2010

I have been busy working on some special projects so since there's nothing new to share I'm following the lead of my buddy Barb and posting my own Top Ten lists. Did you notice that, I said lists! And ten is a bit relative too...some have more, some have less.

First up is the....
Top Ten Reasons to have a blog:
10- keeps me out of trouble
  9- allows me to meet lots of wonderful creative people
  8-gives me a reason to take lots of photos
  7-it's my place to brag about my family
  6-I love reading all of your sweet comments
  5-keeps my creativity fresh
  4-I learn lots of new stuff
  3-sharing my cards and other projects
  2-sharing my faith in Jesus Christ
and the number one reason to have a blog....
  1- I finally realized I have something to say and I don't want to be one of those women who wanders around talking to herself....better to get it out now!


My Ten Favorite Cards from 2010:














My Top Ten Favorite Cards by Friends:
(okay, this was tough because I loved so many more than just 10 so this is a random list from my 100's of faves...check out my Flickr faves, I'm a total maniac with the faves)

  • Inchies by Jacqueline
  • Sweet Strawberry Basket by Lin 
  • Exquisite Hydrangea by Pia 
  • Fab Shabby Chic by Carole  
  • Fresh One Layer by Tiffany
  • Gorgeous Color by Agata
  • Charming Beauty by Kath
  • Colorful Masterpiece by Anne
  • Heather's Cracked Butterflies
  • Jill's Butterflies too!

and an extra 3 from Christmas:

  • Dawn's Starry Night Collection
  • Tomo's Adorable Reindeer
  • Barb's Gorgeous Tag



2010 has been a year of highs and lows...fun opportunities and difficult challenges. I lost my dad, sent Ben back to Iraq, said goodbye to my sweet Bruno, experienced some extended-family drama and turmoil. Finding a job still hasn't happened, Al continues to work for himself and our finances are becoming strained after more than a year without regular income. On the happy side, we welcomed Ben home (no more trips to Iraq for him), I had the wonderful opportunity to be a Hero Hostess, and I met many more wonderful friends through our shared love of crafting. I also have found opportunities to teach stamping and to help build up my favorite local stamp store. 2011 brings with it the fun of going to CHA to scout new products for Stamp Fever, and I've been given the opportunity to work with the ever ebullient Kelly Marie Alvarez in the Lawn Fawn booth.
Through all the good times and difficult times, the constant in my life is my faith in Jesus Christ and I know that all things will work together for good (Romans 8:28). I'm happy to leave 2010 behind....bring on 2011!
Wishing you all blessings and joy in the New Year,
nancy

21 comments:

  1. Nancy ~ what a great post.... your reasons for blogging is great...I totally agree... and your cards are awesome...as well as your favs of others ( I thank your for including mine) Yes, 2010 has been a challenge for you, but as you know, the good Lord never burdens one with more than they can handle.... may his blessing be for an even better year 2011. Hugs to you,...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this post! Your cards are absolutely amazing! Just WOW! We are so lucky to have YOU coming to hang with us at CHA. I just can't wait! Thank you for the lovely adjective, too. You are so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, when you do something, you do it thoroughly! I really enjoyed reading all your lists (thanks for the mention). I'm so glad to have gotten to know you through our shared card-making interest, and hope to really meet one of these days. Here's to a prosperous and Happy 2011. I know with your faith and great attitude on life it will be a memorable one! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, Nancy! So fun reading all of your lists! (Thanks for including me in your faves of others.) Your cards are truly beautiful! I am lucky to even own one of them! As far as this past year goes, you have such a healthy outlook on life. You know you've helped me many times. You have a way of making people feel better and that is such a gift! I am so thankful to have met you through our shared love of card making, and like Lin, I hope we can meet in person some day! Here's to a wonderful 2011! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post Nancy - Love your top 10 - gorgeous cards!
    Wish you a happy new year!
    Hugs Sanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nancy! I've just spent a great deal of time here enjoying this post! I read your list, looked at all the beautiful cards, watched all the tutorials...I had a wonderful visit! Then I got to know you just a little bit better by hearing about your life in 2010. Turns out we have still MORE in common...if you can believe that! lol Thank you for sharing all this goodness! I pray God's richest BLESSINGS for you in the New Year!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful selection of cards! Such an enjoyable post.
    Looking forward to seeing your creativity in 2011!
    May your year be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a heartwarming journey you've had this year! And through it all, you remain very strong and so empowered in your own right, you amaze me! I wish for you lots of success and happiness in the new year! Have fun at CHA and helping out Kelly! I'm glad to have met you thru HA and for you introducing me to SF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous post Nancy! I like all the categories you covered and found some new cards and techniques I haven't seen before.

    You picked a wonderful assortment of favourite cards. My fave is the pretty softness of the In the Garden card. Wishing you a most Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful post Nancy- such a fun trip back to review 2010! God bless you and your family in 2011 :)

    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nancy. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate the welcome and your comments. I love this post with all of it's lists. There is so much here to learn. I am one of your new followers and will be back often. Thanks so much and have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely post the summary of your year and sharing all your favorites. I loved looking at your top ten they are the reason why I love seeing what you do. You are always creating a variety of beautiful cards. Happy and blessed new year. I hope it brings you everything you need.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved reading your "lists" :-) It let me know a little bit more about you. I so enjoy visiting your blog and seeing your creations. I appreciate your comments you have made on my blogs. May the New Year be kind to you and yours. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful, interesting and funny post, Nancy! I loved reading the summary of your year and your lists - thank you so much for including my card in one of them:)I'd like to wish you and your family a very Happy New Year and hope that 2011 is a year full of blessings for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of your beautiful cards, Nancy! Happy New Year!! Wishing you and yours all the best for 2011! Thank you for the support and wonderful comments on my blog in 2010, I really appreciate it from the bottom of my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love all your beautiful cards, Nancy! thanks for sharing your talent. I am looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work in the new year! Happy New Year! All the best wishes to you and yours in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what great "favorite" lists!! it would take me months to do a post about my top fave things!

    thank you for sharing all your wonderful craftiness w/ us! you always leave such sweet comments!

    so glad we met! here's to seeing you more this year! wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous post Nancy, beautiful cards from you and stunning creations from your friends list. Thank you for taking time to visit my blog, wishing you and your family a Happy New Year.
    Hugs
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nancy, I love your top 10 lists. I love #1 reason for keeping a blog! Made me laugh! :) Love all the cards you featured too. Wishing you many blessings and a year of all good things in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Nancy, your top 10 for a blog really made me laugh! :> Love your favorite top 10 cards too! Also enjoyed your share on 2010, I really hope and pray that 2011 is better for you. That you are able to find a good job and your finances get better. All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nancy that was a great post, I so enjoyed reading this and your top ten cards are really gorgeous. Happy new year and I wish 2011 is a year of only highs and no lows!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!