Saturday, June 12, 2010

Happy Saturday!

I'm off to Kelly's class at Stamp Fever today but I have a couple cards to share first. I will post some photos tomorrow of all the class fun and festivities!
I was in a kraft mood so I just went with it. This first card uses my own version of color layering...
I used Hero Arts clear set Real Flowers and Memento dye inks. The background is Write Your Own a cling stamp by Hero Arts. The flower is made using Papertrey Ink dies and K&Company paper. The sentiment is from the clear set Everyday Sayings again from Hero Arts.

I made the next card for Lucy's current challenge to use white, light blue and light kraft.
I tried a technique I found at the CLASSroom for the cut-out and embossed scallop. Stamps from Hero Arts are the Dogwood and Antique Engravings clear set. I also used Hero Hues layering paper in Powder, an old piece of kraft cs (from the early 90s) and an equally vintage sheet of vellum. (I have a serious craft product hoarding problem). The hummingbird is colored with Copics.

The last card is for the Inchie Inklings sketch #7.
The sentiment is Hero Arts Truly Appreciated clear set. The patterned paper is Cosmo Cricket DeLovely and I used some Hero Hues layering paper in Punch. The edge punch is Swirl from EK Success.
I like to share the products I used because I love it when other bloggers do the same. I know it is horribly enabling to our common addiction but that just can't be helped. {wink}
Thought for the Day: Ephesians 4:32 Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
Bless you,
nancy
a little ps: Ben finally got his Driver's License and just embarked on a road trip to Temecula for the weekend. I can honestly say I'm more concerned for his safety now (driving California freeways) than I was when he was in Iraq....prayers appreciated!

20 comments:

  1. I like all the cards Nancy esp. one for Lucy's challenge. Also always like to read the thought of the day. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards today Nancy! They each show quite a different style! I really like how you used the Write Your Own stamp with the flowers, fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I feel your motherly fear! I know exactly what you're talking about with the driving! I find myself praying a lot about it! These cards are all so pretty! I love the colors in the first one! Your Dogwood card has such a gorgeous design and the third one is so bright and beautiful! Love the swirly edge punch! Thanks for sharing! Have fun at the class today....I'll look forward to your photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards! Funny no matter how old are kids get they keep us on our knees : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful cards, Nancy! love the summery colors you used for the color layering and your take on Lucy's challenge is so pretty and elegant!! love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards Nancy. Hope your day stamping was fun. I just love your blue and kraft card... it is so soothing looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post, Nancy! You were a busy little crafter! I love how you shared different techniques with each card. Can't choose a fave--I love them all! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3 wonderful designs Nancy. The first however is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Nancy - so fresh and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I dropped by after seeing your name on Lucy's color challenge. I love those dogwoods in blue...reminds me of those blue plates from the past!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards, Nancy! I love every one! So so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each of these cards are beautiful! I especially love the blue and white dogwood card- so soft and elegant. Your son will be in my prayers-- hope you aren't worrying too much! Can't wait to see pics from your class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - what lovely cards. Love the one you made for my challenge... you've really inspired me to go dig out some vellum. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards! the layering of colors on the ledger is very pretty. The vellum is beautiful! Love the inchies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards, all of them! Love the use of this label stamp on the 1st one, the second is soft and beautiful and the third just rocks with squares!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nancy, great cards.... love them all, so beautiful. Understand the mothering concern... we are all the same! LOL!!! despite their ages!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful design with this sketch Nancy! Thanks so much for playing along with us.

    Lisa @ Inchie INKlings

    ReplyDelete
  19. All three cards are simply WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!