Wednesday, October 10, 2012

First Christmas Card for 2012

I saw a video on the Simon Says Stamp blog by Kristina Werner in which she painted with Perfect Pearls and it reminded me of a card I did using a similar technique. Here's the link to that card: Playing with Perfect Pearls.

I decided to paint some white card stock with Perfect Pearls powder mixed with water. Then I stamped and die cut some trees on the pearly card stock. There is quite a nice little shine on those trees IRL.
I think I'll enter this in the current Hero Arts Challenge, it's been a while since I did one.

I used some older patterned paper, Snow Day from Crate Paper, but it made the perfect base for my trees.
There's a variety of stamps on the trees: Music Background by Penny Black, La Letter by Hero Arts and Interlocking Backdrops by Lawn Fawn.


InLinkz.com


Galatians 5:22-23

The fruit of the Spirit is love
joy
peace
patience
kindness
goodness
faithfulness
gentleness
self-control
blessings,
nancy




10 comments:

  1. Love your card! I need to work on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nancy! The perfect pearls are so pretty and your card turned out so nicely. Love that purple tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this pretty Christmas scene card Nancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw Kristina's use of the perfect pearls, I immediately thought of a stamp I wanted to use on a Christmas card and paint in the same manner. I see that others are thinking along those lines, too! Your card is so fabulous and another great way to use her idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a delightful scene, Nancy! I love your jewel toned trees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful card Nancy. Your trees look so shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the crispness of the white behind the trees! This is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is so beautiful Nancy - it would speak even without words!
    Lovely thought for today - all those lovely characteristics, named just one fruit - all in Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always nice to get back to some older techniques, just wish I could remember them all! Love your beautiful XMas card Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful, love the pp and embossed background :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!