Sunday, April 3, 2011

Another Attempt at a Scrapbook Page: Lauren and Reece

Over a year ago I won the most fabulous set of My Mind's Eye papers and embellies on the Wee Memories blog and I immediately fell in love and hoarded them. I took them out yesterday to begin an 8x8 layout for my great-niece's first birthday. I guess it's really a gift for her mom, but Reece is only one, I'm sure she won't mind.

The beautiful papers are from the Sundress line in the Laundry Line collection. I thought the colors were perfect for the photo. I gave Lauren the little Madras plaid dress for her baby shower. I just adore this photo taken last August when Reece was 5 months old.


It's just a simple little page and I left the journaling piece blank so Lauren can write her own thoughts. I'm giving the rest of the kit to her along with an 8x8 album, hoping to inspire another paper crafter in the family!
I used two Hero Arts stamps:Leaf Flourish (a favorite of mine) stamped in green on the title piece, and Write Your Own for journaling. Happy Birthday Reece...and Happy Scrapping Lauren!


~ Philippians 4:19 ~
"My God shall supply all your need
according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
blessings,
nancy

14 comments:

  1. That's one pretty page! I love the colours and the way they matched it to the sundress:-) Looks like you might have to do more layouts! I am sure there are lots of us out there who love seeing them:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Nancy, I really love your layaout and I am sure your niece will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout! Beautiful colors with the photo. What a very nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling picture! How smart of you to give 1 special layout and the supplies to get her interested on her own!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful layout Nancy! So funny that you posted a layout and I recently posted a card! What's happening to us? lol It's a fabulous photo and you certainly did it justice! It's a fantastic way to get her started!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful photo of the two of them! That plaid dress is just adorable, Nancy and the papers look so perfect! Love all the layers and pretty colors! So thoughtful of you to also give your niece an album to finish. I agree with Michelle. . .you should do more pages. . .you're very good at it! Hugs to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an amazing LO you did Nancy. I'm sure it will inspire Lauren. Such a cute photo of her and Reece. Great start to an album

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, this is such a pretty layout! Lauren will love this! Such a precious photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous layout, Nancy! Beautiful photo and you highlighted it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super adorable! Love the papers and your color coordination with the photo, such a sweetie she is in that darling dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great pic of mother & daughter! she will truly treasure the beautiful LO you've made here! and how thoughtful to leave space for her to journal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sweet layout! i wanna see more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty and thoughtful gift, Nancy. Your niece is sure to love it. This paper is so lovely, and your layout is very sweet. Love the pretty embellishments, and the colors. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Love the circle for journaling and the layout is wonderful! What a thoughtful gift and sure to be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!