Friday, April 29, 2011

Lily Pad Cards and Lawn Fawn Fun

(So sorry I'm a bit late with posting this....stayed up all night to watch the Royal Wedding!)

I have been busy writing blog posts and making cards...unfortunately not for my own blog. It's the case of the cobblers kids going without shoes. But I am enjoying all the challenges my new job brings.
I got together with Ivy and Kelly Marie a couple weeks ago to make cards....75 of them. We had a great time....so great in fact that despite having my camera with me I failed to take even one photo of our assembly line card extravaganza. It was a Lawn Fawn day and I gotta tell ya, I love those happy stamps!


I made this card for my sweet daughter-in-love to send to a friend...in case you hadn't heard she is expecting a little boy around the end of August. I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of being a grandma.

Stamps-Lawn Fawn: Plus One, Teeny Tiny Backdrops. Hero Arts: Houndstooth

~ Romans 12:1-2 ~
And so, dear brothers and sisters, 
I plead with you to give your bodies to God 
because of all He has done for you.
Let them be a living and holy sacrifice -
the kind He will find acceptable.
This is truly the way to worship Him.
Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world,
but let God transform you into a new person
by changing the way you think.
Then you will learn to know God's will for you,
which is good and pleasing and perfect.

blessings,
nancy

9 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, Gramma, and I love the aqua and kraft combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Grandma? Yay for you!! I'm not sure if I had heard that happy news yet...but it deserves excitement every time it's mentioned, right? It's a wonderful and sweet card! I'm starting to see those sweet Lawn Fawn stamps everywhere! Thank you for your "Thought for the day!"...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! So lucky you created cards with Ms. Lawn Fawn and Ivy! That must have been so much fun! Congrats, Grandma....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet baby card. Love the colors and design. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, your card is adorable and your news is wonderful! I was expecially taken by the term you used for your son's wife...your "daughter-in-love." I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable baby card! I'm glad to hear you're warming up to the idea of being a grandma. . .you'll be perfect at it! Love those sweet, little hearts in the background! Sending you hugs, Nanc!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cute. I've got to make a LOT of baby cards this year.... 4 nieces having babies... great inspiration for me. And August isn't that far away Nancy... you'll make an amazing Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable!

    i have so much catching up to do! working on my card class card samples and posting....just trying to catch my breath! i will get the few pics of the lawn fawn day from my iPhone on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy I love your style and this card is so cute it is actually inspires me back to make another baby card with that cute stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!