Friday, April 15, 2011

Lily Pad Cards- Globecraft Memories Challenge

The Lily Pad Cards Design Team was given the opportunity to play with some fabulous new products from Globecraft Memories. There are cards with die-cut frames and globes to allow for 3D embellishments and the heavy memory frames for displaying 3D memorabilia. Love these wonderfully unique products. Please visit the Lily Pad Cards Challenge blog for all the product and challenge details.

The first project was made using a Globecraft Memories card frame with an oval globe.



I used some Webster's Pages papers with a K& Company dimensional bird and flower sticker on this card. Those great rolled flowers were a gift from my friend Sarah in Belgium.



For this card I used the die-cut Globecraft Memories frame without the globe....
I stamped and paper-pieced the adorable stamp Destination: Happiness from Unity Stamp Company using papers from Cosmo Cricket Togetherness. The frame was originally white so I used some Antique Linen Distress Stain so it would match the papers.





This last project was something I had been wanting to make for a couple years but just didn't know how to do it until this incredible Globecraft Frame arrived in the mail. I have collected all of Ben's Marine Corps emblems, awards, tags, etc. to make a scrapbook but everything is so dimensional that a page layout wasn't the best choice. I am so thrilled with how this turned out....I even got an assist from the former Marine to display a few of the symbols of his accomplishments in the military.



The papers are from K&Company US Marine collection....everything else is from Ben! The tag with the flag is from the Shields of Strength ministry. On one side is a prayer and this side has the Bible verse that I prayed for Ben while he was deployed in Iraq.....

~ Joshua 1:9 ~
"I will be strong and courageous.
I will not be terrified or discouraged;
for the Lord my God is with me 
wherever I go."

blessings,
nancy

13 comments:

  1. Wow Nancy you have used those globes to perfection. Love all your projects but I especially love the one you have made for your son, what a perfect way to display his marine badges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each of these is so different! My fave is the first one, because of those pale yellow roses, and the beautiful Webster's Pages.

    And I know the last one will become a keepsake for you, showing off Ben's time in the military. You must be so proud!

    Well done, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, the globe you made to honor your son't military service gives me goosebumps! What an awesome way to preserve and showcase the items. All of your gloves are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards Nancy! My jaw was dropping at the first, and each time I scrolled down.... well, then it got even closer to the floor.
    Using the frame without a globe is fun in your 'destination' card, but that one to honour your son's military service is really something special. TFS, hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bird and roses card! So romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, WOW, and another WOW! All 3 of your designs are exceptionally beautiful, each one has its own personality, really love that first one with the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards and projects using those globe frames! I especially love Ben's memorabilia--such a touching tribute to his service and so lovingly created by you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, I am truly in awe of these beautiful creations! Your first one has such an elegance to it. . .so soft, so pretty and so beautifully detailed! I love it!

    The second one with that cute camper is adorable and fun! Fab papers and love the sentiment!

    The one you've made for Ben is amazing and really cool too! What a creative, wonderful way to showcase his courage, strength and dedication for his country! I'll bet he thinks it's pretty neat too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Nancy... this challenge and those globecraft frames are right up your alley. The first one was my inspiration for a card but seeing your one of Ben's memorabilia is just the most amazing thing I've seen in ages.... TOTALLY AWESOME my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards and frames! I love the frame with your son's mementos. The papers are perfect and the embellishments wonderful. Love the camping card. Very lovely flowers and bird in the globe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of these cards are so very beautiful Nancy ... they are all gems! And I love this Bible verse. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy your cards are absolutely inspiring! Thank you for sharing such a great talent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Nancy! These are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!