Friday, April 8, 2011

Lily Pad Cards Color Throw-down

You do not want to miss this: the queen of color herself, Kathy Racoosin has thrown down this color challenge over at Lily Pad Cards:




Those colors shout summer and fun in the sun...can you hear them? It should have been the perfect opportunity make something with a beachy-sunny theme. But as is my usual process...I looked around at what was out already. So I grabbed some new Hero Arts sets and made a couple cards. I tested and played with ink colors until I had a combo that was close to the challenge colors.


For the citrus-y ice cream I used Memento dye ink in Tangelo, Dandelion and Pear Tart. I applied the color direct to the paper until I got the saturation I wanted. Then I stamped the image, from Life of the Party on each color. For the blue text background I used Hero Arts Shadow ink in Soft Pool and Distress Ink in Stormy Sky. I added Baby Blue Stickles to the cones and a scallop punched piece of paper from the Basic Grey Life of the Party 6x6 paper pad.



For this card I started with Hero Hues Designer paper in Sunshine, using it for the card base. I used the same ink from the previous card to stamp the images from Patterned Flowers and Luscious Frames randomly over the Canvas Stripe background. The scalloped border was punched from a scrap of white cs that I colored with Pear Tart Memento Dye ink using direct to paper. The sentiment is an SRM sticker.

Make sure you head over to Lily Pad Cards to get all the details and join in on this Color Throw-Down Challenge.

~ Psalm 46:10 ~
"Be still. And know that I am God."
blessings,
nancy

14 comments:

  1. Love the fun summery feel of both of these cards! We are in need of the sunshine! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful examples using these colors, Nancy! Summer indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely and cheeful cards Nancy! I have one question for you though...how on earth can you eat an ice cream cone that's smiling at you? lol Now that's a diet! I love it!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cheerful cards Nancy, I love this colour swatch, will definately be having a go at this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are wonderful, Nancy! Love those adorable ice cream cones and the fun way you achieved the bright colors! And your second card is so pretty! Love the split design and scalloped strip! Hope you're well! Sending hugs, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved both your cards this morning when I saw them over on the Pad, they really stood out to me! Perfect colour matching! Those ice cream faces are just too cute! And I love the layered stamping on the second card at the bottom, so pretty and soft!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super use of color Nancy - bright for the first and subdued for the second (which is my favorite :))
    Hugs
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and beautiful cards, Nancy! Especially that 1st card is so cheerful & made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun set of cards, we sure could use some sun and fun right about now on this rainy day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are beautiful! Thank you for sharing your talent and inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those new stamps. Love the colors you have chosen. Real summer cards.I loooove summer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy you used this color combo perfectly! they are both so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy, these are wonderful. I've been away for a couple of days and I've just been catching up. I think these are just awesome. Great designs and colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!