Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dusting off my cherished Hero Arts Stamps...

....to play at A Blog Named Hero for the first time!

And I had quite a few older stamps to sift through as I'm sure many of you do too!



I chose 3 of my favorites to make a country French style all occasion card. The BoBunny paper (Tuscany Garden) was purchased to use specifically with the Sunflower stamp some years ago, I'm so happy that this challenge finally gave me the push to use them together.



I used my tried and true favorite Old Letter Writing (S4878)- it stays on my desk and gets to play frequently. Then I looked through my stamp drawers to get the Sunflower E653 and Harlequin Pattern Block G3316.

It was fun to use some new techniques with these old stamps. I always added color to the sunflower with pencils in the past, this time I used Copics. The Harlequin was inked with Distress Markers in Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey, then after I stamped it twice on the background I spritzed heavily with water and let it run and bleed a bit. Then I blotted with a cloth and used a heat tool to dry it. The Old Letter Writing was used in my favorite way; just randomly stamped on the background.

blessings,
nancy

Check out Jill's Inspired by blog HERE, I'll be playing the role of muse for her CASE-ing brilliance.

14 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous - love the watery background and that pp goes perfectly with the sunflower stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Nancy! Sunflowers are a favorite of mine! I've decorated my kitchen with them...they're always so happy!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved hearing how you were able to take some of your older stamps and make them "new" again! Adore this French country look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you dusted these off - your card is amazing! It made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Nancy! Thanks so much for sharing this technique! will definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow gorgeous card...I love that amazing background and the sunflower is amazing...that is why i never get rid of stamps...I think we fall in love with them again and again...

    Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, Love the sunflower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Nancy, I love your card! Country French is exactly the way to describe it, and I love your blue gingham ribbon - perfect, perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so beautiful, Nanc! Just love the way it turned out! And congrats on being featured this week on Jill's blog - love seeing your work there too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy, your card is gorgeous. Love how you created the bg and sweet sunflower. Many thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  11. just gorgeous, Nancy :) i'm so glad you decided to play along with our challenge #4 at A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nancy! I really need to dust off a lot of my Hero Arts stamps and show them some inky love!

    Your card is gorgeous! Your coloring is phenomenal. It looks better than the display label on the stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!