Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Few More Cards

I had a friend ask me to make some last minute Mother's Day cards for her last night, I was so happy that I had enough creativity to come up ideas that she liked. For her daughter she wanted a card with a black dog, she's not a mom as yet but she loves her dog.
The dog from Critters in the Burbs by Lawn Fawn worked perfectly and I added a B Line Designs sentiment (a gift from Suzanne a few years ago, thanks Suzz).




I used another newly obtained Hero Arts set "Pattern Hearts and Flowers" for the next card....



I thought the roses paired nicely with the golden paper by Crate Paper.

And now for something completely different. Every now and then I get an interesting request for a card. My sister, Donna, who is a world traveler wanted to send a card to her travel buddy that featured Thailand and a tiger. I just work here folks...



The tiger is attached with an action-wobble springy thing. All images were found online. I included a sentiment from the well-used set "Life is not Perfect" by Hero Arts.


And I couldn't leave you without sharing another photo of Uriah....all dressed up for a Mother's Day visit to the Reagan Library.


He's a handsome little guy!
blessings,
nancy

13 comments:

  1. He really IS a handsome, little guy, Nanc! And he looks adorable in the suit! Love your cards today - that one with the tiger is so fun - your sister will love it! Hugs to you and Happy Mother's Day, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW he is so adorable in his little suit...what a cutie....your cards are just way too fun...Love that cool tiger....I bet your sister loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how adorable is Uriah :)

    Love your cards, Nancy - very special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That adorable photo makes me want to smooch those sweet baby lips of his!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful cards and I just adore the photo of Uriah. What a super cutie. You are so lucky to have such a beautiful grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy,
    I love your cards! It isn't easy to work under pressure of time and with specific instructions, but you succeed! That must be a good feeling! Great! And your grandson is really adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a but lil card, Nancy! I especially love that pun sentiment! (;

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these "last minute" creations, Nancy! And, Uriah's big blue eyes are just beautiful! He is definitely a handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uriah is so adorable! I think he's gonna steal a lot of girls' heart when he grew up! ;)

    Love the sentiment of the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Nancy!! Uriah has the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen!!! He's definitely going to be a heartbreaker!! Love how your "last minute" cards turned out! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day full of blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great post, Nancy - it tells so much about you! And I love it all. First, that adorable young & so well-dressed!) sweet guy.....what a gift he is! And the depth of your friendship, making these lovely cards. And, your versatility - what a range of amazing styles. And your BIG heart....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!