Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Black and White Tag- Inspired by Jacqueline!

It's Tuesday and I made a tag for the Tag Tuesday challenge. The theme is Black and White, no other color allowed on this one. I had a bit of fun with this, making a grid design with 1 inch squares.

I discovered a tip for assembling these little pieces without going crazy. I used a bit of removable tape to hold the pieces as I was deciding where I wanted them. Then it was easy to lift each one to add permanent adhesive without disturbing the rest.
My tag design was inspired by two cards that I received from Jacqueline.  If you are not familiar with her work, I describe it as gorgeous feminine vintage style. Please take some time to visit her beautiful blog My Scrap Basket.
Jacqueline's grid cards are always so perfectly crafted with beautiful colors, patterns, vintage images and stamped elements. I feel very blessed to have these cards in my collection.

Tag ~ Stamps used: Hero Arts-CL387 Life is Not Perfect; LP128 Artistic Windows; K5185 Wallpaper Flowers; K2399 Paris Rose; H5011 Silhouette Corner; H2141 Manuscript Background; K5358 Floral Scallop; C2206 Luxe Liberty; LL676 International Postage-First Class.  Stampington and Company- K5501 Family Car. Unknown- the 2 bunny stamps.
Supplies and Tools: Marvy-1" punch; EK Success- Flower Punch; K& Company-Flowers; Ranger-Black Soot Distress Ink; Memento-Tuxedo Black ink. Hero Arts gems-crystal and black; Martha Stewart- oval pearl gems. Buttons from my stash and black crochet thread. Ribbon from Michael's.

Thought for the Day: Isaiah 32:17 "The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever."
blessings,
nancy

30 comments:

  1. Love your grid tag! What a great idea for a tag from Jacqueline's cards. Very funny that we were both inspired this week on our tags from Jacqueline. Lovely images you compiled into your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, but it is too much of a challenge for my hands! It's LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, definitely very Jacqueline-esque!! How you manage to get everything so straight just baffles me:) A great job with the B&W challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a wonderful job with Jacqueline's inspirational cards. I love all the images and the buttons, pearls, brads, etc. that you have added!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've captured Jacqueline's style for sure, and the black and white is really eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so beautiful Nancy - you did a great take on Jacquelines beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Jacqueline will be proud, you captured the look perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning inchie tag! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous!!! I keep saying I'm going to make a grid card - haven't done it yet, but I will! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love you beautiful B&W tag! it's so fun to look through each little inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, this is so perfect, down to even the gorgeous ribbon. I must try the inchies tag some day. Maybe after I get some new eyeglasses! LOL! But you seem to be very talented at dealing with the miniscule bits of art. Very, very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome tag!!! LOVE your new header too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your tag, Nancy! Fun to hear how you assembled the pieces! And thank you so much for sharing the cards you received from Jacqueline! They are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning!! Absolutely love this - it's so creative, and it's so much fun to look at all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very cool, Nancy! It's like mini masterpieces put together on one card! I love Jacqueline's grid cards and you've captured her technique perfectly....

    ReplyDelete
  16. great tip and this tag makes such a statement in B&W!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This tag is fabulous!! I love every inch on it!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for this mention Nancy! Your tag is just beautiful and what a great idea too - love the tip about adhering the squares lightly before placing them - excellent! Love your polka dot bow with the button. Long live the scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful tag, love the embellishments and the stamps you chose in the small scale design!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is really fabulous. Love what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is one beautiful tag Nancy!! I can't stop looking at all the little details of each inchie and the color combo is really a fantastic and classic look!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your Jacqueline inspired tag! What a great idea for this black and white challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh la la!! Such a wonderful Tag! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a beautiful tag Nancy, Lovely in Black and White!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the grid design on you tag. There is something about grids that always appeals to me. I must go and try something like this. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love, love love this tag! Very creative, using all the squares! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love what you did here. I'm not a fan of B&W, but you made me like ti this time!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your grid tag is very well done! Love it! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a wonderful tag, love how you have captured the black and white challenge. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!