Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring!

After a seriously rough 2 weeks I needed a little creative R&R. Nothing helps me focus my thoughts and remember God's blessings like taking time to create something beautiful. I was so happy that the theme for Tag Tuesday this week was Spring. Spring means re-birth, resurrection, and renewal for me; these are ideas I am clinging to this week. I stamped this tag on one layer, (no cutting and gluing on this one) colored the images with Copics and then added the gold embossed leaf motifs. A few gems and ribbon finish it off.
Stamps and Supplies:  Stamps: Hero Arts- Antique Engravings;Stencil Art; Long Irises. Unknown-Small Flower stamps. Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Water color paper, BoBunny paper. Versamark watermark ink. Ranger Embossing Powder-Gold. Copic Markers. Gems-Hero Arts.

I finally got the Hero Arts clear set Antique Engravings; I had ordered it way back in December at the Catalog party, but it was on back-order with every new re-order. I was patient and it finally arrived. The images in this set were perfect for the idea I got from this inspiration photo:
I found this photo on Moxie Fab World blog and just knew I would do something with it. It was perfect inspiration for my tag.

I've been going through old family photos this week to put together a presentation for my dad's memorial service and I found a photo of my parents taken shortly after they were married in 1948.
Mom has been gone for almost 32 years and I like to think that my parents are having a beautiful reunion in heaven.

Thought for the Day: Psalm 5:11-12 ~ But let all who take refuge in You rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread Your protection over them, that all who love Your name may be filled with joy.
For You bless the godly, O Lord; You surround them with Your shield of Love!

Blessings to you all, your wonderful words of comfort have kept me going. I'm so grateful to be part of this loving community of creative women.
nancy

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely thought; I believe it too!

    And your card is perfect - that inspiration is lovely! Wishing you lots of luck in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful irises on your tag, Nancy. And I love the pearls you've added to your butterfuly. Lovely spring tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, such a beautiful tag! The teapot that inspired you is wonderful!

    Thank you for sharing the picture of your parents! They sure looked happy! I also happen to believe they are together in heaven. Now they can enjoy each others company again!

    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have absolutely NO doubt they are reunited in Heaven. Hugs and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your post is so sweet, Nancy! I want to send you a big big hug. and yes, they must have reunited. =) thanks for sharing, both your personal story and the beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, Nancy, that photo of your parents is beautiful, especially as you think of them together in heaven. Your tag is sooo pretty! I love the way you stamped and colored so many pretty images in such bright colors! Great take on the inspiration photo, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag and so very much spring life and the re-birth of the earth. Still praying for you and family during this tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy - what a perfect spring tag. And thank you for sharing that wonderful photos of your parents. I bet they are smiling down on you right now!!! God bless

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great pic of your parents! They must be happy as they are together in the presence of the Lord! Your tag is great, so perfectly balanced and colored! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photo! My mum went before my dad too. I'm so glad you are keeping well.
    Your gorgeous tag is a great take from the teapot - so beautiful!
    Take care and God bless you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This tag is gorgeous as it the beautiful teapot that inspired it!

    My sympathies on losing your dear father so recently -- the photo you shared of your parents shortly after their wedding was very special :o)

    Blessings to you and your family during this sorrowful time ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Nancy, this tag is certainly spring time, without a doubt, beautiful array of images and colors! Many hugs to you and what a wonderful photo you've found to share at the memorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tea pot was the perfect inspiration for your Lovely tag, I hope your week is going better! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i cannot even EVER do a one layer card /tag like yours. i need a coloring class tutorial. beautiful!
    huge hugs to you.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Nancy! Preparing for a memorial service can bring such wonderful, fond families memories. I absolutely adore the Spring tag you made. Love the different colors and images. It is so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!