Sunday, March 28, 2010

Welcoming a New Baby to the Family

My nephew, Christopher and his sweet adorable wife, Lauren, are adding to their family this week. Lauren is due any minute and since her doctor is going on vacation soon her little girl is on her way in the next couple days. So that's grandchild #2 for my sister, a matched set with little Gavin (19 months) and new baby Reece. I must say it brings a lot of joy to the family as we deal with the loss of our dad/grandpa.
I taught a class yesterday and with my earnings acquired a new Hero Arts stamp, In the Garden. As I looked at it I envisioned Gavin and his little sister in a few years playing together. With that thought and the CardPatterns Sketch 57 in mind I had a bit of creative play.
I took some liberty with the sketch, turning it on it's end. Here's the Sketch #57:
This is a little bit out of my usual style but I really wanted a soft feminine look to welcome baby Reece.

Stamps and supplies: Hero Arts stamps-K5353 In the Garden, CG125 Friend Definition, K5358 Floral Scallop (on the peach paper). Patterned Paper- Webster's Pages "Life's Portrait". Hero Arts Layering Papers- Celadon, Daffodil. Distress Inks- wild honey, spun sugar, tumbled glass, bundled sage. Versamark ink. White Embossing Powder.  K&Company stickers.  PTI medium scallop die. EK Success-scallop punch. Cuddlebug and Swiss Dots embossing folder. Kaisercraft pearl gems. White crepe ribbon from Stamp Fever.
Thought for the Day: Ecclesiastes 3:1-2 For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest.
blessings to you dear friends,
nancy

18 comments:

  1. I love the creative way you interpreted this sketch, Nancy. I also love your choice of soft colors. Your family inspiration is shining through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply lovely Nancy, a great take on the sketch and a fabulous card. A lovely new beginning in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such elegance! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How delightful that you thought of the two children playing in this way as the stamp portrays, I love that idea, how creative - and best wishes to you for the addition to the family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Nancy, this is a joy! A perfect card for Gavin's new little sister!! As hard as it is, life does go on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just so beautiful Nancy. And the most appropriate thought of the day.... amongst the sadness of the loss of such a loved person, the joy of a new generation. This card will be treasured by your nephew and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card so much, Nancy! Not only because of you creativity and talent, but because of the thought that went into it! So wonderful to celebrate a new life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Love the yummy pastels you used! I love this stamp and wasn't sure how to use it and you have created such an inspirational card with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Nancy, your card is fab! I love the softness and elegance! So so beautiful and a great inspiration!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Nancy, this card is full of beauty and elegance! I just love it! GREAT take on the CP challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a clever way to use that new stamp! I love the initials and the soft vintage look. Blessings to baby Reece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a wonderful and sweet card, Nancy! so soft and beautiful with those lovely colors! i love this! Congratulations to your family! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL! I really love the pink PP you used as a panel too! I can see great possibilities for that stamp. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, Nancy. This card is so gorgeous. I love the soft colors and this card just stunning!! And thank you for your kind comments on my blog. You're so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Nancy! What a great card and such wonderful personalization! I love the soft colors that you used! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! I love how you embossed the stamp in white, giving the reverse image, and how the beautiful softly colored text shows through. Love it! (And congrats on little Reece!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing with Card Patterns this week! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!