Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I Survived Hot Yoga.....

Hello everyone, I'm so sorry I haven't given you my review of Hot Yoga yet.. Please forgive me, life unfortunately, got a little difficult in the past few days.
I did survive my yoga experience, I stayed in the room for the whole 90 minute class. I attempted at least half of the exercises and the rest of the time I was literally concentrating on staying conscious. Standing to do a pose that resembled a pretzel I felt the creeping blackness taking over and I knew if I didn't sit down I would fall down. So, not wanting to call attention to myself any more than was necessary, I sat...quickly. The rest of the class went pretty much the same way....attempt to do something for a few minutes, then sit down. Oh, and did I mention the sweating?  Sweating is the main accomplishment of my day....110 degrees F is stinking hot. The only blessing is that I had no idea if I was having a hot flash or not...it was a 90 minute hot flash!
So I finally went with my crazy sister to Hot Yoga, I survived...barely....and I have NO desire to ever return. That's saying something since this studio allows you take your 2nd class free just to get you back. Thanks, but no thanks!

I had to postpone my next class at Stamp Fever to the 27th of March, but here are 2 of the card samples.
The first one actually has no stamping, it's made with a Cosmo Cricket Early Bird Elements page and paper from the mini deck. The second card uses Cosmo Cricket Material Girl paper and flowers I made using this tutorial.
Thought for the Day: Romans 8:28 ~ And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.
Yesterday Al and I went to take my dad to the lab for a scheduled blood test. When we arrived he was in such bad shape that we had to call the paramedics to help us get him to the hospital. We had just seen him the day before and although he was weak he seemed to be doing better. Now we are faced with the prospect of him not being able to return his home and that he will need to go to an assisted living facility. At 85, he was doing well living on his own with family members checking in on him regularly. This will not be an easy transition for him as he likes his independence.
I would appreciate your prayers as my sister, brother and I have some difficult decisions to make in the days ahead.
Blessings,
nancy

13 comments:

  1. My sweet Nancy, please know that my husband and I will be praying for your father and family. On a lighter note, your cards are fabulous and I'm soooo glad you survived hot yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a yoga experience! I go to yoga once a week and so love it but don't believe I am interested in hot yoga. I am almost through with hot flashes and would hate to know I would have to endure a 90 minute one :-) You made me laugh and that was good.

    I will pray for your dad. Mine will be 88 and still living at home. He loves his independence too. Praying for discernment from God.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you survived the hot yoga, but not returning? Well, you are not the only one, I'm sure! It works the same here in my area, the 2nd one is free! I love your card samples and you are so organized,too! Like you, I have aging parents and in-laws ( all in the 80s). My in-laws are on their own and like their independence... but it's getting hard. I'll be thinking of yours as well! God bless you and family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you survived Yoga... and I know you will get through the issues with your Dad with the Lord's help. I know what we went through with my husband's Mum - you feel so mean having to put them into instituanalised care. My prayers are with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness gracious, that hot yoga class sounds heartwrenching, I'm glad you're not going back...my thoughts are with you right now about your dad and the decisions you have ahead of you...it is so hard to watch our parents age and the pain we see them go thru...my mom is aging quickly and is not in the best of health but she keeps up her spirits...she's a trooper! Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love todays cards, Nancy! Sorry to here you and your family are going through a difficult time. I'm wishing you ll the strenght and support you need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, I'm so glad you made it through the hot yoga! I was a little worried! Don't blame you a bit for not going back! I would've never gone in the first place, so good for you for trying it out! Your cards today are darling! I love all that happy patterned paper!

    Please know that you and your whole family are in my prayers. It is never easy to make a decision regarding our elderly parents! Oh, my heart goes out to you! My mother is now 83 and adores living on her own. She has recently been diagnosed with Multiple Myloma (cancer of the blood.) There is no cure, but they can keep it under control with medication. Unfortunately, the medication makes her feel even worse! It's only a matter of time before she will also need assisted living! So you are being thought of often, Nancy! Hang in there and keep reading the verse from Romans 8:28. It helps me too!

    Hugs to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you've survived!!! Because this means more beautiful cards from you! Thank you! And just to let you know that I'll pray for you and your family. I know what it means to have elderly parents, my Mom lives far away, it is hard to take care of her and we're also looking for a solution. She also likes her independence and that's the most difficult part! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you survived!
    These cards are so beautiful - love the colorful mix of PP - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so glad that you survived the hot yoga! wow! i didn't know it would be that hot in the room! I don't think I am in any hurry to try that! =) Your card samples are so cute! i love those pps and your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I read the first part and had a chuckle about your hot yoga experience. Thinking what it would be like and then I read about your dad and felt so sad for you and your family having to go through this transition. My thoughts and prayers are with you all especially your dad. (The cards are fabulous and I know your class will be a great time)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hot yogo is great and brutal all at the same time. Love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am JUST catching up and i am sorry to hear about your dad. i hope things will work out with whatever decisions you all come upon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!