Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Stickers + Ink = Tag Tuesday #45 Collage

It's Tuesday and Louise put out the challenge to create a collage tag using stickers. Well that gave me the opportunity to sort through a stash I had no idea was so extensive (translated- I didn't realize I had so many stickers I wasn't using.) The idea came from the stickers- theme and color palette. This one comes with a disclaimer though- I'm not really sure I like how it turned out. The joyful theme I think needs a more colorful conveyance....and my tag is a bit too dark and masculine, but it is what it is. The message is a positive one so I'm just going to call it a modern-vintage fusion and be done with it.
I used white lace seam binding that I found in the bottom of my rarely used sewing box. The flower border is white paper ribbon with an adhesive backing. I added color to the lace and paper ribbon with Copic markers.  The little flower is made of three 3/4" punched circles that I misted with Perfect Pearls in water then heat set in cupped shape.
Here's a close up of the message sticker on the bottom...it's a truthful statement.

Stamps and Supplies: All stamps Hero Arts-LP128 Artistic Windows, A1873 Shadow Stamp I, S5101 Raindrop Background. 
Assorted Stickers- Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type; EK Success Scrabble Tiles;7Gypsies Gratitude; K&Company Marcella Alphabet, Handmade Collection Paper Ribbon.
Inks- Ranger Distress Inks Vintage Photo, Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire.
Copic Markers- YR31 on lace ribbon, B21 on paper ribbon.
Carl-3/4" circle punch
Tag-Eclectic Paperie

Thought for the Day: Continuing the theme of gratitude- I am most joyful when I'm thanking God for all He has done for me, but my attitude can go south pretty quick if I start to focus on what I don't have instead. This verse helps me keep things in perspective.....
Psalm 92:4 "You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me! I sing for joy because of what you have done."
When I count my blessings today, I will make sure to count you all twice!
blessings to you,
nancy

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful JOY tag - love the color blocking. Actually I love the whole theme of your blog post today! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy and Thanks for visiting me. Oh my goodness this is a gorgeous tag. You truly outdid yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the combination you have done with this challenge it is so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing your tag and your message are today, Nancy! I love the theme of Joy and the perfect scripture to go with it. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I like it! And I'm also glad I'm not the only one who discovered they had a great stash of unused stickers:) Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Nancy, and I love the sentiment... gratitude makes us joyful. So very true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag! Love what you did with the colors on your tag! You provide inspiration both in creativity and faith.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!! lovely collage, Nancy! i love looking through all the pretty little details! amazing tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course, I love this tag, Nancy! You've done a lovely job with the lace and stickers, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! So much work and creativity in this tag...stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful tag. I love the grid design and the colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this tag...the colors, everything about it expresses Joy! Bravo! LynnF

    ReplyDelete
  13. very different tag today Nancy but very effective. I do like it's creativity

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Love it Nancy, The sentiment rings true and words to live by. Wonderfully creative tag!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Nancy! Wonderful tag! I think I have a lot of stickers I haven't been using, too. Thanks for the inspiration! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this tag, Nancy! The colors are wonderful! I love the little flower and the sentiment at the bottom is beautiful...and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super tag!! So much to look at, love all the details and the colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you are counting us twice today, Nancy--then I am counting you three times! Love your verse for today.

    Your tag is amazing- I love the patchwork background and the touch of lace is perfect! I think the colors are great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think it looks fabulous and very happy to me! The joyful sticker scrabble look is a really fabulous effect, I love that diagonal lace trim too!! I need to work with more fun stickers, they seem very versatile, it's been awhile since I've looked at my stash too!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful way to use up those leftovers! Great job, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!