Thursday, March 25, 2010

Custom Blog Banner ~ Easter Blessings


I had some fun this morning designing a new blog banner for Easter. I used elements from Hero Arts digi-kits: And Your Bird Can Sing, Botanical Tulips, Long Handwriting, and Skylands Birds. I added an Easter image from Antique Images. The bird inside the cage and the background paper are from Juno Misty Waters Digi-kit. The scrabble letter text is from scanning real Scrabble letters and saving them as clip art. I opened that file in Publisher, and copy-pasted each letter I needed, then arranged as Sing a New Song. I assembled it all in Microsoft Publisher, added some text in French Script font and saved it as a jpeg. Then I cropped it using the photo editing tool in Windows Photo Gallery. I think it coordinates with the new Spring Sunrise background from ShabbyBlogs.
Thought for the Day: When I sign off with "blessings to you" each day I am asking that God will bless each one of you according Numbers 6:24-26.
"The Lord bless you and keep you,
The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you,
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace."
These are the five areas of blessing:
1-bless and protect
2-smile on you (be pleased with you)
3-be gracious (merciful and compassionate)
4-show His favor toward you (give you His approval)
5-give you His peace
In offering a blessing to others, it demonstrates love for them, it encourages others and is a model of caring for others.
Please keep this in mind when you see me sign my name...
blessings to you,
nancy

17 comments:

  1. Nancy I just love your spirtiual thought for the day today.... just delightful. I truly feel blessed after reading your wonderful blog and also a wonderful thanks for your encouraging comments on my blog.... Love the new header by the way.... so clever and thanks for the links. I had someone asking for a coloured bird in the cage and I didn't have a clue how to do it... will be getting the free papers and giving it a go now.
    So I say "blessing to you" my dear friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your banner looks beautiful, Nancy! Looks like lots of work to me, but is so worth it! Love the birds and music theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings to you, too! Love your thought of the day! And your banner---it's a work of ART! I love all of the layers and combinations of images! Your blog looks beautiful and springy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply love your stunning new banner Nancy, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the inspiration and banner ideas! What a BLESSING to come to your blog every time! Congrats on being featured in the HA Twitter for your AMAZING blog banners! I LOVE it very much! And blessings to you, Nancy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! your new banner looks amazing, Nancy! i love the collage of images and the colors are so pretty! and you are right, it fits the new look of your blog perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely banner! Thanks for this little explanation about how you made it! And thanks for this day's thought! Blessings to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the banner, Nancy! And thank you so much for sharing the blessings! Somehow I always feel more at peace after a visit to your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous banner and always appreciate your inspirational thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love what you did with your banner. I do think it looks great with your new background. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Nan...I am so impressed!! I can't even get the size right on my blog banner..to afraid to change. I have been thinking about you and sending prayers. Hugs,kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new banner is gorgeous, Nancy. I am glad you receive my card and hope somehow it helps brighten your day. You always have kind words and your support means so much to me. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Nancy, this is sooo very pretty and perfectly festive for this time of the year! Love the yellow flower on the blog sidebar too, beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very blessed to have you as a friend! I love your new banner, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have hidden digi-talent Nancy - and I love the Spring, fresh impression this banner gives to your blog!
    Thanks for sharing the blessing of God with us - May His Face shine on you today too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your banner is almost as beautiful as your message today. Much love and many blessings to you, Nancy....

    ReplyDelete
  17. FABULOUS banner! And inspiring message!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!