Monday, March 29, 2010

Vintage Inspired Easter Card

The Webster's Pages papers I added to my stash recently have really inspired a romantic, vintage vibe to my card-making lately. And of course when I saw Suzanne's absolutely gorgeous egg cards the inspiration was complete. I am entering this Easter card in the current Cards Blog challenge.
(click on image for better view of glitter details)
I used the Shattered or Cracked Glass technique on the vintage image from The Graphics Fairy inside the egg and then added some gold Stickles.

I stamped Old Letter Writing in Bundled Sage Distress Ink on the Webster's Pages paper, then I tore it, distressed the edges with both a paper distress tool and Milled Lavender Distress ink before adhering it to the card base. The card base was inked with Milled Lavender Distress Ink then stamped with Hero Arts Dots and Flowers in Stormy Sky and Antique Linen Distress Inks.
For the egg I used Linda's template which I resized smaller before printing on white cs and cut a circle in the center. I stamped Floral Scallop with Versamark ink then embossed with Pearlustre Embossing Powder in Amethyst. Then I covered the whole egg with Versamark ink and clear embossed, then covered it again with Versamark and embossed with Kaleidoscope embossing powder to give it a glittery appearance. It was added to the card in pop-dotted layers with the vintage image in the center.
The card was finished with a purple crepe bow and glitter added to the flowers and bird on the pp.

Baby Update: My niece gave birth to baby Reece at 8:30 this morning and everyone is doing very well...especially my sister, the proud grandma!

Thought for the Day: Phil 1:6 "He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."
The same verse in a modern translation: "And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."

Blessings to you,
nancy

13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... this is just so adorable. Very romantic and vintage looking. It is so pretty. Congrats to the family on the safe arrival of Reece

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Nancy, I am really into Vintage at the moment and I love this beautiful card, good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the violets and the cracked glass! Congrats! I think that makes you a great-aunt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card!! Love that crackled glass technique, I've never seen that before, it's such a great idea! Thanks so much for linking this one up to "Brag Monday".

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! So stunning Nancy...LOVE the vintage vibe and that cracked egg is the PERFECT touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the crackled look of the image! such a beautiful card, Nancy! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is stunning, Nancy! I love the crackled inset, the gorgeous flowered egg, and the beautiful way you tore and distressed the background Webster's page. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card. Love the colors that you used. Congrats to your sister - we are expecting our second grandchild in September. What a blessing they are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Nancy, I'm just in love with all of your colors and the details, wow!! Amazing job and you know I'm always hooked on the lavender color, beautiful! Sooo glad you had a few new people at your class! I'm sure they adored you, I'll definitely look forward to taking more classes in the future, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card took my breath away when it first popped up on my screen! WOWSERS! I love everything, especially the cracked glass- it is perfect here!

    Congrats to your sister and niece! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, this card takes my breath away! Seriously, I just love it! The cracked glass is so beautiful on this design! Wonderful creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a quick peek this morning before work - absolutely gorgeous work with so many different lovely details - just love this with those gorgeous papers Nancy! That bow just makes this stunning! Thank you for all you share and for who you are!

    ReplyDelete
  13. a lovely Easter card with all the little details, Petra.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!