Friday, March 19, 2010

March Card Chain Challenge

I am so grateful to Deborah Nolan for her marvelous Card Chain Challenge. I have been having so much fun sending cards all over the world and then receiving some of the most gorgeous creations in return. This month I sent my card to Cassi Tramm in Virginia. I followed the sketch and the color palette (somewhat) and was happy to send this to Cassi.
I used the In Bloom stamp set by Papertrey ink. Thanks again, Kathy! I also used a  product called Memories Mists in Bright Gold to add a bit of sparkle to the Copic colored flowers.
The patterned paper is Que Sera by K&Company. I die-cut the paper using the new medium scallop die from Papertrey Ink. The background design was achieved by stamping Hero Arts Dots and Flowers Design block in Antique Linen Distress ink on white cs. Then I blended Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress ink over the top. Next I stamped Old Letter Writing in Antique Linen and over stamped it in Vintage Photo to give a shadow effect. I finished the background using the Dot Pattern stamp in the Textures and Patterns Poetic Prints set by Hero Arts. This set is from 2001. I stamped the Dot Pattern with Cloud White VersaMagic chalk ink around the edges of the background panel. The photo below is the Memories Mists; I got this as free gift from Sally Traidman in the Hero Arts booth at CHA.
Then last week I received a package in the mail from Dawn Turley all the way from New Zealand. Dawn sent a most beautiful card, along with a bookmark, a cardstock panel pre-colored with alcohol ink and a fun little magnetic notepad. The notepad will remind me that I have a sweet friend in New Zealand.
Even the envelope was decorated beautifully!  Thank you, Dawn, I love the card and your sweet gifts.

Thought for the Day: And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love.....indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. ~ Romans 8:38; 39.
Blessings to you,
nancy

10 comments:

  1. very pretty card, Nancy! thanks for sharing all those yummy goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the bits Nancy. I love the card you made to send off. It is such fun getting the cards from others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo lovely with your layered florals Nancy! Love all that dimension created from it and that Memories mist color looks really yummy! Wonderful card from Dawn!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is truly beautiful! I love the colors and the design! Lucky girl who gets to receive this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to see the exchange of cards, Nancy!! Love them both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much eye candy in your post today! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow beautiful cards...sending hugs your way Nan, Love,kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards that you sent and received! I think Deborah is top notch for setting up the CCC too! Love how you interpreted the design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such gorgeous color nancy! that is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!