Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Creative Respite

I had some time today to be creative so I focused on Anne's March Challenge: CASE Me. I was very much impressed with her watercolored Tree of Hope ATC, so that was my selection to "Copy and Selectively Edit".

I created this on Strathmore 140 lb cold press watercolor paper. I first stamped the Dots with VersaMark ink and white embossed. I water colored over that using Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass and Crushed Olive. Friendship Tree was stamped using Memories Dye ink in black. The tree was colored in using Copic markers.
Stamps: Friendship Tree-Stampington and Company; Cling Dots and Sentiment from Anytime Messages-Hero Arts.

Thought for the Day: Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." I'm walking by faith, praying for wisdom and seeking God's blessings. How about you? Amen!
Blessings to you,
nancy

14 comments:

  1. Oh, Nan, I adore this one! Beautiful seeing the dots showing through everything! Just wonderful - good luck in Anne's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nancy! This is sooo beautiful! I love the white embossed dots in the background. The tree is colored beautifully! And I love the red ribbon and sentiment! Thanks so much for participating in my challenge! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful watercolor background! lovely card!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wonderful. Love the background and the dots look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Nancy! Such a fun look with all the dots!

    Your thought for the day is beautiful! It reminded me of a time, years ago, when I taught a religion class to young kids. Faith was one of the subjects I chose to spend a lot of time on. Thank you for reminding us how important it is to have faith! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! You are really getting good with your copics, love your coloring and that tumbled glass color looks so nice! I just got that ink but have yet to try it...hope all is well!! We are headed for some major sunshine this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great use of the cling dots stamp...another reason for me to want it more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a stunning card Nancy, love everything about it, I especially love the ribbon, gingham is an all time favourite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beauty and is filled with so much joy! The polka dots have such a playful effect- thanks for sharing how you created it! And your thought of the day is wonderful- so succinct and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tree, Nancy! Congrats on being featured in HA Twitter !

    ReplyDelete
  11. bellissima! mi piacciono gli alberi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous Spring card with gorgeous colors and just love the ribbon!+

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! It has a sense of fun and movement. The gingham ribbon adds a touch of nostalgic warmth. Daria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the background that comes through the main image. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!