Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tag Tuesday-Arch

I really wanted to do the Tag Tuesday theme justice this week and once I found the perfect arch on Graphics Fairy it all just came together.
 I re-sized the arch and removed the gate that was in the middle of the original image, then printed it on patterned paper, clear embossed, then trimmed.  The tag is sponged with Chipped Sapphire Distress ink then stamped with Chipped Sapphire. The arch is mounted with foam dimensional tape.
Supplies and tools: Distress Inks-Chipped Sapphire, Wild Honey; stamps: Tree- Snag 'em stamps by Imaginisce; Stencil Art clear set by Hero Arts; Golden Rod Stickles; Patterned Paper-The First Blush collection from Prima Marketing; Avery shipping tag from Office Depot.

It has special meaning this week as my dad is still hospitalized and not doing well. Making hope my theme just makes sense. Hope for today and hope for the future.
Thought for the Day: Psalm 147:11 ~ "the Lord delights in those who fear Him, who put their hope in His unfailing love."
Blessings be yours today,
nancy

14 comments:

  1. Just wonderful Nancy. I struggled with an arch tag this week so no playing for me!!! THe colour of the blue is so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Nancy and what a great idea to print the arch out on patterned paper, would never have thought of that! I love the theme of HOPE too, it is an anchor for the soul that holds us fast in His Eternal Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Nancy, you re-sized the arch and removed the gate....what can you NOT make (LOL)!!? I love the details in this BEAUTIFUL tag! Just glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, you had such creativity while making this tag! So beautiful! Your dad continues to be in my prayers. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag. Arch looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, a great alteration of the arch.....and what an inspirational tag you've created from it. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the beautiful rich background, Nancy! gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sometimes, crafting helps to take our minds off things. i know it helps me.....
    your tag is beautiful and even more so with the word 'hope' on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful tag, Nancy! I love the colors and the design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag Nancy! The colours are so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy....this is absolutely terrific! I missed seeing it last week, obviously! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous and I love your thought of the day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really beautiful, so much color depth and I love how the tree is enclosed within the arch, such a beautiful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning! Gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!